Tender green Brussels sprouts with pancetta are perfectly delicious! You won’t have to turn your oven on for these beauties.
Hi everyone! It’s Brandy from Nutmeg Nanny
Let’s hope that you didn’t see the title and run away screaming. Brussels sprouts are really delicious. They are in my top five of favorite vegetables. Plus they are jammed packed with vitamins and minerals – vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folate, iron and fiber.
I make mine with pancetta (which may take away from some of the nutritious aspect of the recipes….) and they are amazing! If you are not familiar with pancetta, you should definitely give it a try! In the words of Rachel, “it’s bacon with high heels and pearls on.” Totally true.
The Brussels sprouts are blanched briefly in boiling water to tenderize them. While that’s going on, sauté the pancetta in a large skillet, along with chopped shallots. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and give them a chance to brown and absorb all that pancetta flavor. Season with a little salt and pepper, and they’re ready to serve! Simple but effective, I’d say.
Don’t those look delicious? Brandy is a genius in the kitchen and she takes such beautiful photos. We have big plans to get together sometime and create some great food. Hopefully she’ll give me some photography tips too! Don’t forget to check out her site.
Thanks for guest posting, Brandy! I appreciate it!
More Brussels sprouts recipes
I just keep finding more great recipes for these little beauties and love them more each time I make them. Try:
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Grapes & Parmesan
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Asiago
- Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe with Crispy Chickpeas
- Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels Sprouts
- Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple & Cayenne
- Pasta with Shrimp, Brussels Sprouts, & Wine Sauce
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Brussels Sprouts & Pepitas
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add Brussels sprouts and cook for 4-5 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to get crisp. Add shallots and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add drained Brussels sprouts to the pan and sauté until they start to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.