How to Roast Cauliflower – BEST cauliflower ever!
Roasting cauliflower is an easy, delicious and healthy way to enjoy the vegetable. Find out how to roast cauliflower using this easy recipe.
I’ve been roasting vegetables like it is my job (wait…I guess it kind of is my job?) and we LOVE them this way. Cauliflower is no exception! Roasted broccoli is amazing, roasted carrots are amazing, mushrooms, squash, etc. You get the point. Roasting brings so much flavor and texture into most vegetables.
It really is the best way to eat cauliflower. And it is unbelievably easy, which is always a bonus.
Tip: The recipe is written for 425°F but if you need to roast it at a lower temperature, like 400°F or even 350°F, you may do so. It won’t cook as quickly and it may not get quiiiiiite as crispy, but it will work if you have something else in the oven that you need to cook at a specific temperature.
I use roasted cauliflower in other recipes, too. Even though the cauliflower is blended together with other ingredients, roasting it first gives your dish an amazing depth of flavor. Everyone will want to know your secret, and how to roast cauliflower!
Try this cauliflower cheddar dip — it’s a healthier alternative to heavy all-cheddar dips. Similarly, roasted cauliflower and cheddar soup tastes unbelievably rich but won’t break your calorie count for the day.
How to Roast Cauliflower in 3 simple steps:
- Wash cauliflower, cut into small florets, and dry as much as possible. I give the florets a spin in my salad spinner. The smaller and the drier they are, the crispier they’ll get and the quicker they’ll cook.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet (give them as much space as possible!) and roast at 425°F until crispy and golden brown!
As always, keep reading for directions and a printable recipe!
More delicious cauliflower recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with arugula & sweet potato
- Pickled Cauliflower (refrigerator pickles)
- Cauliflower, Potato and Cheddar Bake
- Cauliflower Tacos with Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup from Eats Well With Others
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower from Reluctant Entertainer
- 1 large bunch of cauliflower (about 4 cups florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Wash cauliflower and dry very thoroughly. (Don’t skip drying — it’s important. You can even use a salad spinner if you have one, or just shake, shake, shake all the water out and then pat dry with a towel.)
- Cut into medium-sized spears and coat well with olive oil. Spread onto rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip each piece over, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- The drier you get the cauliflower before mixing with the olive oil, the better this recipe will turn out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.