Crispy and nutritious, air fryer chickpeas are very low in calories, making them a good replacement for calorie-laden chips or nuts. So good on...
With a garlicky sweet and spicy sauce, Instant Pot Honey Sriracha chicken is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. You won’t believe how good it is!
The sauce for this honey Sriracha chicken is so, so good. Garlicky, sweet, salty, tangy with lots of warm heat from Sriracha sauce.
If you’re not familiar with Sriracha, it’s a popular red chili pepper sauce, moderately spicy, produced in California. Have you ever had Sriracha mayonnaise on a burger or as a dip for sweet potato fries? Simply stir a spoonful of Sriracha into regular mayonnaise. Try a few drops in your next Bloody Mary. Sprinkle it on scrambled eggs, or shrimp tacos. Make chicken lettuce wraps.
Honey Sriracha chicken is just the most flavorful chicken! Do they serve this stuff in restaurants? I don’t know but it’s so good! It seems like every restaurant would want this on their menu.
But you can easily make it at home. And in less than 30 minutes. Really, seriously. So why go out?
About this Instant Pot honey Sriracha chicken:
It’s all about the sauce in this recipe. With such flavorful ingredients, this sauce will knock your socks off! Do people still say that? It kind of sounds like something my grandpa would say. But you know what I mean.
What’s in this powerhouse sauce?
- chicken broth
- rice wine vinegar
- soy sauce
- garlic (four cloves!)
Stir the sauce together, add it to the chicken in your Instant Pot, and set the timer for just seven minutes. Quick release the pressure, and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken lightly. You want the chicken to be a little chunky.
Thicken the sauce by making a slurry of cornstarch and additional broth. With your Instant Pot on Sauté, stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and cook briefly until the sauce is bubbly. Add the chicken back to the pot and you’re ready to eat.
Oh, by the way, did you get the rice cooking? Honey Sriracha chicken is so good on jasmine rice with steamed broccoli. There’s just something perfect about that combination. The sauce is really good with broccoli. I could almost skip the chicken and just eat honey Sriracha broccoli.
How to make this Instant Pot honey Sriracha chicken your own:
- Use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Increase/decrease the heat by adjusting the amount of Sriracha you add.
- Make this on the stovetop in a large covered skillet. Cook until the chicken is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Looking for a healthy stir fry with vegetables? Try Sriracha Honey Cashew Chicken Stir Fry by Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- Try it in your slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients, mix it with the chicken, cook for 3 hours on low, add the cornstarch slurry, and cook for another hour.
Make Ahead and Reheating Tips
Honey Sriracha chicken is really good leftover. Cover it well, and it can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge, or three months in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the fridge for best results.
Want to do something a little different with the leftovers? Make a spicy Sriracha pizza! Simply spread honey Sriracha chicken on a pizza crust, sprinkle with cheese, and bake. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Instant Pot chicken recipes
Your Instant Pot is a shortcut to tasty chicken dishes. Here’s more recipes you’ll want to try:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Healthy Chicken Piccata in the Instant Pot
- Southwestern Instant Pot Chicken and Quinoa