This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is going to become your new favorite way to eat cauliflower – it’s flavorful, crispy, and so easy to prepare!
I’ve taught you guys how to roast cauliflower before (if you didn’t know), but this time we’re kicking it up a notch. I don’t know about you, but I like to have at least 2 or 3 vegetable sides on Thanksgiving to balance out all the heavy casseroles and potatoes. I’m definitely making sautéed parsnips this year, but this cauliflower might have to make an appearance, as well. It would cook quickly in the oven while the turkey rests and would be great with some Brussels sprouts thrown in too. The Parmesan cheese makes this roasted cauliflower flavorful without making it an overly indulgent side dish (I’m looking at you, sweet potato casserole).
If you are looking to add cauliflower to your Thanksgiving dinner but you need something that’s going to work out better while sharing the oven with other recipes, you might want to try this cauliflower, potato and cheddar bake. And then you can just make this recipe every day leading up to Thanksgiving. It’s a healthy, easy side dish that the whole family loves.
It’s very similar to the traditional roasted cauliflower, except you shower it with freshly grated parmesan cheese to take it up a notch. Let me tell you, kids adore this recipe!
more great roasted vegetable recipes
- dill roasted potatoes with lemon
- roasted tomato and ricotta cheese crostini
- roasted green beans with parmesan and basil
- roasted radishes
- roasted beets
- oven roasted sweet potatoes (perfect for Thanksgiving!)
- roasted broccoli
- 1 small head cauliflower washed, dried, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (remember the cheese will add salt too)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add cauliflower to a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat (with hands or spatula) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove and stir.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for 10-15 minutes more or until cauliflower is cooked through and golden brown in spots.
- Best enjoyed immediately.
- For best results, dry the washed cauliflower well. I use my salad spinner to get as much water as possible out of the florets. Wet cauliflower steams in the oven, making the end result soft and mushy rather than crisp.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.