Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts with smoked paprika and shallot are flavorful and easy to make in a skillet. Even professed Brussels sprouts haters will love these!
Today I have a guest post from the lovely Katie of Katie’s Cucina. Thanks for being here, Katie!
Hi Rachel Cooks’ readers! I’m Katie from the food blog Katie’s Cucina. I am a Marketing professional during the day and home cook extraordinaire at night! I have no classical culinary training. Everything I’ve learned has been from my mom, watching cooking shows, and good ‘ol trial and error.
Katie’s Cucina is a place where I share my love for food – developing and cooking mouthwatering recipes weekly, baking indulgent desserts, and sharing foodie travels from coast to coast.
I’ve never met Rachel in person, but for a few years now we have connected through the internet (and can I just boast for second and tell you how sweet she is). Hopefully one of these days we will connect in real life. Last fall, I took a rather long vacation to Europe and Rachel was kind enough to help me out while I was gone and guest post for me. I had told her upon my return back from Europe that I would help her out once her sweet baby was born. So, here I am!
Now let me show you how to make my Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels Sprouts!
People either love or hate Brussels sprouts. It wasn’t until my late teens/early twenties when I first began to fall in love with Brussels sprouts. I am always looking for new ways to cook them up.
I also love to keep my vegetable side dishes relatively healthy and not drown them in butter and fattening sauces. That is why I turned to my
good friend, I mean spice, smoked paprika. This spice packs a punch and can bring tons of new layers of flavors to any dish. I just so happened to have a shallot in my pantry so I decided to make them fancy and add an extra-large shallot to the pan.
More Brussels sprouts!
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe with Crispy Chickpeas
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Asiago
- Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Walnuts (with video)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Green Apples and Cranberries
- Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple and Cayenne
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stems removed, trimmed, and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, and season with salt and pepper. Add water, stir, and cover skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, covered.
- Remove the cover, add shallots and smoked paprika. Stir well to coat. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Stir in thyme and serve immediately.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant.
- Recipe card revised 1/23.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
You can find me at Katie’s Cucina or follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Leave a Review