Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Once you try homemade pumpkin pie spice, you’ll likely never go back to store-bought! It’s easy to make with spices you already have in your cupboard.
Making your own seasoning mixes at home saves money and tastes better. You can customize them to your own taste. Many spice mixes have a lot of added salt or preservatives, neither of which I want in my foods.
Also, if you’re like me, you don’t use spices quickly enough, so making your own blends with what you already have in your pantry assures that all your spices will be used while they are still fresh and tasty.
So toss out your old pumpkin pie spice that’s been sitting in your pantry for 10 years and pull out your cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
You can use this homemade pumpkin pie spice:
- for pumpkin pie (duh)
- for pumpkin cheese cake
- as a topping for sweet potatoes
- sprinkled in your coffee (hello pumpkin spice latte!)
- added to the dry ingredients in pancake or waffle batter
- stirred into your oatmeal
Try homemade pumpkin pie spice in these recipes:
I like to recycle spice jars to put my new spice mixture in. I write up a quick label, draw a pumpkin on it because I’m a dork (not to mention a terrible artist), and date it.
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (use store-bought ground nutmeg if you need to but I promise once you try freshly ground, you’re never going back)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Mix together all ingredients and store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.