These vegetable pancakes are full of colorful vegetables and flavorful cheese and are the perfect way to use up some summer veggies!
Summer months are the best for vegetables, aren’t they? If you grow zucchini, by the end of the season, you likely have so much and you might not know what to do with it.
These vegetable pancakes are the perfect solution! They’re quick and easy to make and full of great nutrients. And aren’t they pretty?
They don’t lack in flavor, either. Turmeric, fresh parsley, and a touch of cayenne make these a party in your mouth! And don’t forget about the cheese! I like feta in these but shredded cheddar cheese is so good too.
Top them with a little butter, sour cream, and/or more cheese and you have a delicious summer side dish or light meal.
About these vegetable pancakes
These zucchini pancakes are perfect to use up that summer zucchini! Mixed with carrots and red bell peppers, they’re colorful and so tasty!
They are held together with eggs, all-purpose flour, a bit of heavy cream (you can also use milk), and some feta cheese.
If you have a nonstick skillet, you won’t need much oil and they cook up super quickly. They are the perfect side dish, breakfast, or light lunch.
Have more summer zucchini to use up?
Try these recipes:
- Grilled Zucchini
- Zucchini Noodle Salad with Beans, Feta, and Lemon
- Zucchini Rice Casserole
- Pizza Zucchini Noodles
- Creamy Vegetarian Lasagna Soup
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 shredded or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1-2 tablespoons oil for frying
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet over medium heat with a little bit of oil
- Form batter into small pancakes and place in pan. Cook for about four minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You may use other types of cheese if you'd like. Cheddar or Parmesan would be delicious!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He likes them too, although, he said he would rather have them for breakfast (instead of dinner).
Changes I would make: None. Swapping out the feta for sharp cheddar or mozzarella would be good.