Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Easy cheese stuffed zucchini is a winning side dish! Fill it with your favorite cream cheese – I recommend herb cream cheese!
Guess what? I’m guest posting again! This time for Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen. If you haven’t been to her blog, you need to remedy that now! Not only is she one of the nicest people I’ve ever “met,” but she also has a gorgeous blog with delicious recipes, great writing, and beautiful photos. You’ll see. I’m not lying.
Try this easy, delicious side dish–stuffed zucchini. It is a fun new way to prepare zucchini. Click here for the recipe or keep reading for the full recipe.
Stuffed zucchini are so easy to make, Simply slice zucchini squash in half lengthwise and hollow out a trough in the centers so there’s room for “stuffing”. I like to use spreadable herb cream cheese for the stuffing because it’s already seasoned with lots of great flavor. Spread the cream cheese into the hollowed out zucchini halves, sprinkle with chopped red bell pepper, and top with panko bread crumbs.
To help the zucchini “boats” brown, spray the tops with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray. Pop them into the oven for a half hour or so, and the cheese will get nice, soft, and yummy.
Stuffed zucchini make a great lunch or a side for dinner. They go great with meatloaf, baked salmon or breaded pork chops. You already have the oven on, why not bake stuffed zucchini, too?
I love them for breakfast, too, along with scrambled eggs. Add stuffed zucchini to your brunch menu.
More zucchini, please!
If you love zucchini, check out more recipes that feature this delicious squash:
- Grilled Zucchini — you’ll love how easy and good this recipe is!
- Zucchini Rice Casserole
- Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
- Pizza Zucchini Noodles with Pepperoni and Mushrooms
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Zucchini Mason Jar Salad
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 2 zucchini squash (9 oz. each)
- ½ cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese (see note)
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If desired, trim ends off zucchini and slice lengthwise so that you have four long halves. Using a spoon, hollow out the middle (take out the seeds) of each half, leaving a little bit on each end to prevent the filling from running out. Place zucchini halves on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together spreadable cheese and diced red pepper. Spread cheese into hollowed out zucchini.
- Cover each zucchini with breadcrumbs, and spritz with olive oil. (If you don't have a spritzer, just drizzle as lightly as possible, or spray lightly with non-stick spray.)
- Bake for 55 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Choose your favorite brand of garlic & herb spreadable cheese. Boursin (5.2 oz.) or Alouette (6.5 oz.) are two popular brands.
- Air Fryer Instructions: Prepare zucchini as directed. Place stuffed zucchini in basket of air fryer. Air fry at 350ºF for 18 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving
- If you like these, you may also enjoy this recipe: Pesto and cheese stuffed zucchini.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Leave a Review