Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce

This is my second post for the Secret Recipe Club. You can find my first post here. This time I got assigned to Denise’s blog, Eat Laugh Love. I had so much fun browsing and searching for a recipe to make. It was a tough decision, she has so much great content on her blog! I ultimately decided on this pork tenderloin. I love fruit with pork but have never tried grapes, and I loved the idea of roasting the grapes. And better yet, pork tenderloin was on sale at the grocery store! Denise calls this recipe “company worthy” and I would definitely agree!

Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce
adapted from EatLaughLove

3 cups red grapes
1-1.5 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1/2 cup Port
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp water
1.5 tsp cornstarch

1.Position racks in the middle and lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 425*F.
2. Spread out grapes on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast on the lower rack, shaking the pan occasionally (about every five minutes) to turn the grapes, until they are shriveled, 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip the pork over and put the pan into the oven on the top rack. Roast the pork until just barely pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 12 to 14 minutes (or more). Mine took about ten minutes longer than this, but I was opening the oven way too much. I have a problem with that. Plus I was shaking the grape tray. When it is done cooking, place the pork on cutting board to rest before slicing, tenting with foil to keep warm.
4. Heat pan over medium heat and add shallots and cook, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add Port and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes. Add in broth, thyme, and mustard; bring to a simmer. Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir into the pan sauce. Cook until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in the grapes. Serve the sliced pork with the grape sauce.

Verdict:This was great! The flavor of the Dijon mustard went so well with the sweet grapes. It presented so well too, it would be a great dish for company.
Husband’s take: He loved it too! He said this was one of his favorite pork dishes. We had leftovers for dinner the next day, I’d say this serves about four adults.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: Easy to moderate.

33 Responses to “Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce”

1. Lisa~~ — July 18, 2011 at 8:24 am

I saw this recipe when Denise posted it and the idea of roasted grapes drew me in too. Now I HAVE to make this.

I’d love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Holy Guacamole.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

2. amanda @ fake ginger — July 18, 2011 at 11:03 am

I keep seeing recipes with grapes & pork together but I’ve been too scared to give them a try. I think your photos have given me the push I need!

3. Jo — July 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Your tenderloin looks fabulous! I’ve never roasted grapes either, glad to hear they were so good, I will have to give it a try myself!

4. Denise — July 18, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Rachel, so glad you (and hubby) enjoyed this! Your Caribbean Chicken Chili looks amazing, now in the “to-try” pile. This is my first SRC – what a great way to meet other foodies.

Denise

• Rachel — July 18th, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

It is fun, isn’t it? Only my second time. PS: Fixed my post, realized I only linked to your main blog site and not the specific post. Kinda forgot about the SRC posting date until about 9PM last night!

5. Marla {family fresh cooking} — July 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Such a unique idea for a sauce that I must try!
    So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. This looks amazing :)

6. Brooke @ Veggie Table — July 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Roasted grape sauce – who would have thunk it? :) Thanks for sharing!

7. Shelby — July 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Dont you love how someone else can make you step outside of the box? Looks delish!

• Rachel — July 20th, 2011 @ 7:52 am

Yep, that is definitely my favorite thing about the secret recipe club.

8. Kate — July 18, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I love pork tenderloin and the addition of roasted grapes sounds wonderful! Great SRC entry.

9. Maris(In Good Taste) — July 18, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Looks so good. I have never roasted grapes but now I want to!

10. sara — July 19, 2011 at 12:05 am

This recipe looks fantastic! I have really been loving pork tenderloin lately…the combo of Dijon and grapes sounds totally perfect! :)

11. Tessa — July 19, 2011 at 1:17 am

Roasting grapes is a new idea to me, but they look great. I am definitely saving this one!

12. delishhh@delishhh.com — July 19, 2011 at 4:58 pm

This looks fabulous. Nice work on the Secret Recipe Club. Isn’t it fun. I love finding new blogs and reading through them.

• Rachel — July 20th, 2011 @ 7:52 am

It is so fun, isn’t it?

13. Kim - Liv Life — July 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Nicely done! Not something that I would have paired together, but you’ve made it look so good. I’m loving this SRC!! The posts have been fantastic and this one is on my to try soon list!

14. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — July 20, 2011 at 9:55 am

What a great pick for SRC – looks delicious! I can’t wait to be part of SRC next month, such a fun idea!

15. Kelly — July 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Yummy! I made pork last night and this is definitely something I want to try!! Your pictures are great! :)

16. Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy — July 20, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Pork goes so well with fruit, but I have never paired it with grapes, let a lone roasted grapes. Intriguing!

17. Alan Cooke — July 23, 2011 at 5:16 am

Looks Delish! Love me some pork tenderloin and cook it all the time. I usually make a spicy chutney to go with it, but those roasted grapes look like I should definitely try them! :)

18. Chris and Amy — July 23, 2011 at 10:22 am

Love the idea of roasted grapes. They must add so much flavor! We’ll have to try this sometime.

19. mjskit — July 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm

This looks wonderful! The roasted grapes are a great idea! Question – Tawny port or ruby port. From the looks of the dish I would say Tawny, but I may be wrong.

• Rachel — August 3rd, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

Eek, sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment. It was ruby port. I didn’t know there was a difference until you commented–ha! First time (but not last!) cooking with port!

• MJ — August 3rd, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I use port quite a bit especially in marinades and to deglaze a pan. Have fun with it!

20. feast on the cheap — July 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Looks wonderful! Grapes are soooo underused.

21. Amanda — July 29, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I bet this was absolutely delicious! I am featuring this on the SRC website tomorrow, should be up first thing in the morning! :)

22. Katie — August 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I wouldn’t have thought to roast grapes! I’m intrigued and will try this recipe soon!

1. Pingback: Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce: Not Rachael Ray | The Secret Recipe Club

2. Pingback: Chicken Enchiladas Verde | Not Rachael Ray

3. Pingback: Apple Cider Muffins: The Secret Recipe Club | Not Rachael Ray

4. Pingback: Roasted Grape and Ricotta Crostini - Rachel Cooks

5. Pingback: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mirabelle Plum Bourbon Barbecue Sauce {giveaway!} - Rachel Cooks

6. Pingback: Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Recipe - Rachel Cooks