Cream Cheese Filled Brownies
- 1 box (18.3 oz.) brownie mix (Buy the kind that makes a 9x13 pan)
- Eggs, oil, water as directed on package (Mine took 2 eggs, ½ cup oil, and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder, opt.
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 x 13 inch pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the box, stirring in the espresso powder (if using) with the mix before adding the eggs, oil, and water. Fold in 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, egg, butter, sugar, flour, and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
- To assemble: Pour half of brownie batter into pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the first layer of brownie batter. Spread it out the best that you can so that the cream cheese mixture pretty evenly covers the brownie batter. Spoon on the remaining half of the brownie batter to cover the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Check with toothpick inserted about two inches from the side. There shouldn’t be batter clinging to the toothpick. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store leftover brownies in the fridge up to one week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.