Cream Cheese Filled Brownies
- One box of brownie mix (Buy the kind that makes a 9x13 pan)
- Eggs, oil, water as directed on package
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- one 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 x 13 inch pan by spraying with nonstick spray or greasing.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the box, stirring in the espresso powder with the mix before adding the eggs, oil, and water. Fold in chocolate chips.
- In another bow, beat cream cheese, egg, butter, sugar, flour, and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- To assemble: Pour half of prepared brownie mix into pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the first layer of brownie batter. Spread it out the best that you can so that the cream cheese mixture pretty evenly covers the brownie batter. Spoon on the remaining half of the brownie batter to cover the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake as directed on the box of brownies. It may take a little extra time due to the cream cheese filling. Mine took 32 minutes.
- Store leftover brownies (if there are any!) in the fridge
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.