Large Batch Homemade Taco Seasoning – VIDEO
Make this large batch homemade taco seasoning to keep in your pantry. Easy to make and much better for you than store-bought.
I already have a recipe for homemade taco seasoning on my blog. It’s actually my most popular recipe. I usually quadruple the batch when I make it so that I have a jar ready to go at all times. I use it not only for tacos, but also for enchiladas and all sorts of other things. It’s very versatile and a great thing to have on hand. Lower in sodium than the store-bought variety, and all ingredients that you probably have on hand–and bonus–that you can pronounce. Go figure.
Another great thing about this large batch taco seasoning is that it is great for gifting. Perfect for your friends and family that love to cook. Slap a cute label on a cute jar and you’re good to go. I have given a bunch of this away and everyone loves it. Or at least that is what they tell me.
Instead of making you do the math to double or triple the recipe, I’ve done it for you (per reader request!). You’re welcome. I hate math too, so I understand your hesitancy.
About this big batch taco seasoning:
This recipe is for TEN TIMES the amount in the original recipe. This makes over two cups of taco seasoning. That’s a whole lotta taco Tuesdays, my friends. Approximately 11 taco Tuesdays. Yup, I’ve done more math for you. That’s how much I love you.
You can stretch it even further if you don’t like your tacos too spicy. This mix does have a bit of a kick to it so you’ll have to play around a little to decide how much you want to add to your taco meat.
My daughter loves helping me measure out all the spices for this recipe. “Me do! Me do! Me do!” She’s obsessed. Drives me completely nuts but I love every minute of the insanity.
Needed for this recipe:
What to add taco seasoning to:
I’ve developed a slight addiction to adding this taco seasoning to everything but the kitchen sink. If you’re looking for something outside the box, try these recipes:
- Taco Chicken Tenders
- Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken for Tacos
- Southwestern Homemade Flour Tacos
- Southwestern Homemade Wheat Thin Crackers
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken
- Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Bean and Cheese Taco Rolls
- Southwestern Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll-ups
- Southwestern Mac and Cheese with Ground Turkey
- Southwestern Mini Meatloaves
- Southwestern Slow Cooker Barley Casserole
- Healthy Taco Meat (in 30 minutes!)
- Taco Turkey Burgers
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2.5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2.5 teaspoons oregano
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt (more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- In small bowl, mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. (Or you can mix it together in the container you are going to store it in–just give it a shake.)
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture plus 1/2 cup of water to one pound of cooked meat (of your choice). Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until there is very little liquid left in the pan.
- You may also add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour to the pound of cooked meat to thicken up the mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 72 Serving Size: 1 teaspoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g