Taco Chicken Tenders
Taco chicken tenders are great for a party, but your kids will love them too! Super quick and easy to make.
I’m loving these taco chicken tenders that are perfect for Cinco de Mayo or for any day. You’ll only need five ingredients to whip up taco chicken tenders: flour, taco seasoning, eggs, and tortilla chips. And of course, chicken.
Kids love taco chicken tenders, too! Healthy, and fun to dip in salsa or better yet, homemade salsa verde. My daughter adores anything she can “dip dip dip.” And what kid doesn’t like food they can eat with their fingers?!
Taco chicken tenders come together quickly and are really flavorful, thanks to the homemade taco seasoning, which is mixed with the flour. Instead of the typical bread crumb coating, the chicken tenders are coated in crushed tortilla chips. The tortilla chip coating give the chicken tenders a great crunch and a southwestern flavor.
You don’t have to tell anyone that it’s a great way to use unwanted tortilla chips, all those bits and pieces at the bottom of the bag.
Make these just like any other chicken tender: Dip the chicken tenders in seasoned flour, then in beaten egg, and then the crushed tortilla chips.
And because these tenders are baked, not fried, you can feel good about serving these to your family. There are no added oils to up the calorie count. Way better than fast food chicken tenders!
Try these taco chicken tenders wrapped in a soft flour or corn tortilla, with your favorite toppings. I’m thinking shredded lettuce, tomato, and avocado would be good. And salsa, of course.
Chicken tenders are great on salads, too. Just slice them up and add them to your favorite salad.
PS: If you love chicken tenders, make sure to check out my pizza chicken tenders or chicken caesar chicken tenders. Loving your air fryer? Try crispy air fryer chicken tenders or air fryer chicken nuggets.
Note: Don’t have taco seasoning? That’s okay, any southwestern blend will be delicious. Plain chili powder is good, too. Or try making your own seasoning blend!
More chicken recipes
Boneless or bone-in, chicken that you can eat with your fingers is always a hit, especially with kids. Try:
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into equal sized strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- salsa for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Place flour and half of taco seasoning in a large shallow bowl. Place beaten eggs in another shallow bowl, and chips mixed with the rest of the taco seasoning in a third bowl.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in eggs (let excess drip off), and then finally in chip mixture. Place chicken strip on prepared tray and repeat until all chicken strips are coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy hot with salsa for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 lb.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 1065mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.