Chicken Caesar chicken tenders are an exciting new take on the classic flavors of Caesar salad that everyone knows and loves. Fun to eat and easy to make, these will be a hit with the whole family.
This post is sponsored by Just BARE® chicken. All opinions are my own.
Chicken you can eat with your hands? A win for kids and adults. Chicken you can eat with your hands that is made with only 5 additional ingredients? Well, that’s a win for mom. Or whoever does the cooking. Probably you, the one reading this food blog. But that’s just a wild guess.
If you like chicken Caesar salads, you’ll love this recipe for chicken tenders. It’s chicken Caesar that you can eat with your hands and it’s unbelievably simple to make.
I use store bought Caesar dressing and Caesar croutons to really drive home the flavor of a Caesar salad without making the recipe too difficult or labor-intensive. Making your own Caesar dressing is easy, though, and healthier, too. Give it a try if you have a little extra time. Homemade Caesar croutons are definitely something you want to try, too!
Then I toss in panko breadcrumbs to make the chicken tenders extra crispy (while still being baked and not fried). And don’t worry — I don’t forget the Parmesan cheese.
And hey, even if you don’t like Caesar salads, you’ll probably still like this recipe. Just ask my husband! He is absolutely not a fan of Caesar salad but he loves these chicken tenders. It gets the seal of approval and even the “I could eat this every night!” from hubby!
All you need is some great chicken and 5 ingredients to make this chicken tenders recipe. If you need more inspiration for 5 ingredient chicken recipes, try blueberry chipotle chicken, pizza chicken made in one pan, or chicken enchilada soup.
Serve Caesar chicken tenders on a salad with crisp romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, Parmesan cheese, and more dressing. Try them in a wrap or on a bun with lettuce and dressing.
More chicken tenders and nuggets
Looking for more easy kid-friendly chicken tender recipes? Try:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup prepared Caesar dressing, plus extra for serving
- 2 cups Caesar seasoned croutons, crushed in a blender or food processor
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut chicken breast into tender-sized strips but cutting down the long side of the breast (try to make them equal for even cooking). It should come out to about 4 tenders per chicken breast.
- Place flour in one shallow bowl, dressing in another shallow bowl, and mix together crushed croutons, panko breadcrumbs and cheese in a third shallow bowl.
- Take one tender, dip it in flour and shake the excess off. Then dip it into the dressing and use your fingers to brush off any excess so there is only a thin layer (otherwise they’ll get soggy even after baking). Then, dip into the crouton/panko/cheese mixture so that the tender is evenly coated.
- Place on baking sheet lined with a Silpat baking sheet or parchment paper. Continue this breading process until all tenders are breaded and on the baking tray. Space them out so the sides aren't touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Disclaimer: I am in a paid partnership with Just BARE chicken but all thoughts are my own, as always.