Make your own turkey wrap sandwich with spreadable cream cheese, deli sliced turkey, lettuce, cucumbers, and avocado. Perfect for lunches or an easy dinner.
Turkey wraps are quick, easy, and healthy. This recipe is also extremely versatile. It’s really more of an idea, rather than a recipe. You can take it and run with it, any way you like.
Vegetarian? Sure, why not? More meat? Go for it. Want it warm? Throw it in a panini press. Or you could throw in the microwave, but don’t cheat yourself. The crispy wrap or tortilla with be worth the [tiny bit of] extra work.
Wrapped in plastic wrap or waxed paper, a turkey wrap is works really well for a school or a work lunch. Make a few at a time. Just keep it on ice or in a fridge.
What’s in a Turkey Wrap?
This is what I put in mine but you can make yours any way you like.
- whole wheat tortilla
- reduced fat chive and onion cream cheese
- deli sliced turkey
- sliced cucumbers
- leaf lettuce
- sliced avocado
Spread tortilla with cream cheese. Add meat and vegetables. Roll up, secure with toothpick (optional), enjoy!
Or grill the wrap briefly in a panini press or George Foreman grill until heated through and tortilla is crispy.
Make it your own:
- Try hummus instead of the cream cheese spread. Flavored or original–either would be delicious!
- For a vegetarian wrap, try this black bean spread.
- Add shredded or sliced cheese.
- Add thinly sliced red bell peppers.
- Add shredded carrot.
- Add thinly sliced red onion. Tip: soak the onions briefly in ice water to remove some of the strong flavor.
- Use leftover roasted or rotisserie chicken instead of turkey.
- Use any meat you love: ham, roast beef, salami, bologna, etc.
- Add a couple of strips of bacon.
- Try it on this bread.
The possibilities are endless! I’d love to hear some of your ideas.
Make ahead and storage tips
Like I mentioned, these wraps are perfect for lunches. Make a few, wrap them tightly, and store in the fridge for up to three days. They’re all ready to grab and go.
Loving sandwiches? Try:
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices cucumber (very thinly sliced)
- 1 leaf red or green leaf lettuce, or shredded lettuce
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- Spread tortilla with cream cheese, leaving a 1 inch border.. Arrange turkey and vegetables down the middle of the wrap. Roll up, secure with toothpick (optional).
- If desired, grill the wrap briefly in a skillet, pressing down lightly. A panini press or George Foreman grill can be used, too. Grill until tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Refer to the post for lots of alternatives.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.