Apple Cider Mocktail (with cocktail option!)
Serve this easy apple cider mocktail with ginger and cinnamon at your next fall party! It can easily be made into a cocktail too.
Do you enjoy a good cocktail now and then?
Or are you pregnant and just desperately craving an ice-cold beer?
Oh, that’s just me.
Being a pregnant blogger, I’m bringing you a “mocktail” recipe. For those who don’t drink…or can’t. Shouldn’t. Whatever.
And I put ginger in it. Because if I’m going to play along with a fancy drink–it might as well help with my 24/7 nausea, right? And it just had to be fall-inspired. I’m obsessed. I love fall!
About this Apple Cider cocktail
This apple cider mocktail (or fake-tini) is super easy to make. Begin by making ginger cinnamon simple syrup. Simple syrups add so much flavor. You’ll want to make this ahead so it has time to cool completely. It keeps several days in the fridge.
Combine water and sugar in a saucepan, along with a couple of cinnamon sticks and sliced fresh ginger root. Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. After the syrup has cooled, strain out the cinnamon sticks and ginger. You’ll have plenty of ginger cinnamon simple syrup for several drinks.
When you’re ready to serve the mocktails, add a couple of tablespoons of the simple syrup, apple cider and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until the drink is chilled, and pour it into a cinnamon sugar rimmed glass. So delicious and pretty too. I like to garnish it with a fresh apple slice.
Psst: if you want, add a shot of vodka, whiskey, or spiced rum. I would, if I could. Or try this fantastic Apple Cider Mule, with ginger beer, apple cider, and vodka. An Orange Gin & Tonic with Cinnamon is outstanding, too! Or, if you’re a bourbon fan, try a Maple Old Fashioned.
More Cocktail/Mocktail Recipes:
- Pomegranate Mojito
- Classic Gin and Tonic Recipe
- Ginger Spiced Hot Chocolate — Easy Microwave Recipe!
- Cranberry Margarita Recipe
- Cherry Martini with Elderflower and Lime
- Hot White Russian
- Apple Cider Bellini Cocktail with Rosemary from Creative Culinary
- Blackberry, Bourbon, and Cranberry Cocktail also from Creative Culinary
Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup (makes extra):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ~1-2 inches of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
For one Fake-tini:
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
- ice for mixing
- cinnamon sugar for rimming the glass
- apple slice or cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
For the syrup
- Mix sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, and sliced ginger rooti n a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool completely and strain to remove ginger and cinnamon.
For the Fake-tini
- Prepare martini glass by wetting the rim with apple cider and then dipping in cinnamon-sugar.
- Add ice to martini shaker. Pour in cider and simple syrup. Shake and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with apple slice or cinnamon stick.
- Add vodka or spiced rum to make this a cocktail.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Looking for more components for a perfect fall party? Try: Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts with Apple Cider Glaze, Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions, Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies, Pumpkin Cheesecake Phyllo Straws, Mini Pumpkin Tarts, or Autumn Quinoa Salad with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette.