Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Mocktail
This apple cider mocktail with ginger and cinnamon is perfect for a fall party.
Do you enjoy a good cocktail now and then?
Or are you pregnant and just desperately craving an ice-cold beer?
Oh, that’s just me.
Being a pregnant blogger, I’m bringing you a “mocktail” recipe. For those who don’t drink…or can’t. Shouldn’t. Whatever.
And I put ginger in it. Because if I’m going to play along with a fancy drink–it might as well help with my 24/7 nausea, right? And it just had to be fall-inspired. I’m obsessed. I love fall!
This apple cider mocktail (or fake-tini) is super simple to make. Whip up a quick ginger cinnamon simple syrup, add apple cider and ice, shake and pour into a cinnamon sugar rimmed glass. So delicious!
Psst: if you want, add a shot of vodka, whiskey, or spiced rum. I would, if I could.
More Cocktail/Mocktail Recipes:
Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup (makes extra):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ~1-2 inches of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
For one Fake-tini:
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
- ice for mixing
- cinnamon sugar for rimming the glass
- apple slice or cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
For the syrup
- Mix sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, and sliced ginger rooti n a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool completely and strain to remove ginger and cinnamon.
For the Fake-tini
- Prepare martini glass by wetting the rim with apple cider and then dipping in cinnamon-sugar.
- Add ice to martini shaker. Pour in cider and simple syrup. Shake and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with apple slice or cinnamon stick.
- Add vodka or spiced rum to make this a cocktail.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Verdict: I loved this! It was the perfect girly treat for this pregnant lady.
Husband’s take: Oh I was supposed to share? He wouldn’t be caught dead in public drinking this apple cider mocktail –plus he’d much rather have a beer, I’m sure.
Changes I would make: Well…if I wasn’t pregnant…rum? Whiskey?
Looking for more components for a perfect fall party? Try: Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts with Apple Cider Glaze, Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions, Pumpkin Pie Muddy Buddies, Pumpkin Cheesecake Phyllo Straws, Mini Pumpkin Tarts, or Autumn Quinoa Salad with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette.