Angel Hair Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Angel hair pasta with roasted red pepper sauce is an easy vegetarian entree that everyone will enjoy!
Two words that make me happy.
This pasta is a great summer meal that is colorful, flavorful and easy to prepare. Even my dad, who doesn’t like red peppers, enjoys this pasta!
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, sliced
- one 12 to 13 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, about 1 1/2 cups–drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, reduce to medium and cook until the onions are softened and translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Place the cooked onion and garlic, drained red peppers, half-and-half and cayenne in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, return to pan, pour sauce over. Stir to coat the pasta with sauce. Serve with torn basil leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 10gSugar: 35gProtein: 12g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: This would by no means constitute a meal for him, but he enjoys the pasta as a side dish.
Changes I would make: None. You could substitute whole wheat pasta, if you prefer. I usually do.
Difficulty: So easy and SO quick!
This post contains an affiliate link.