Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Angel Hair Pasta
Angel hair pasta with roasted red pepper sauce is an easy vegetarian dish that everyone will enjoy!
Two words that make me happy.
This pasta is a great summer meal that is colorful, flavorful and easy to prepare. You can have it ready in about fifteen minutes.
Even my dad, who doesn’t like red peppers, enjoys this pasta, although I think his real favorite is pink pasta with tomatoes. Truly, my dad loves any kind of pasta, and so do I.
About this pasta with roasted red pepper sauce
This pasta is so easy to make. Get a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Angel hair pasta cooks really quickly. It will be al dente in about 5 minutes so don’t wait to get the sauce started.
Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and add a chopped onion and a couple of cloves of garlic, sliced. There’s no need to get fancy with chopping because they’ll be pulverized in the blender. Sauté until the onion is translucent and beginning to soften.
Add the onion and garlic to a blender, along with a jar of roasted red peppers (drained), half-and-half, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Process until the sauce is nice and smooth. It will be a gorgeous orange color.
When the pasta has finished cooking, drain it, and put it back into the pasta pot. Add the sauce and stir until the pasta is coated.
Your pasta is ready to serve. Garnish it with lots of fresh basil. Pasta with red pepper sauce can be a light entree or the perfect side with broiled or grilled chicken, salmon, or steak. Sometimes I top the pasta with sautéed shrimp. Just use the same skillet that you used for the onions.
Make ahead and reheating ideas
You could easily make the sauce a couple of days ahead. Store it in the fridge in a tightly covered container. Reheat it gently in the pasta pot while the pasta is draining. Don’t boil it because the sauce may curdle.
More summery pasta ideas!
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, sliced
- one 12 to 13 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, about 1 1/2 cups–drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, reduce to medium and cook until the onions are softened and translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Place the cooked onion and garlic, drained red peppers, half-and-half and cayenne in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, return to pan, pour sauce over. Stir to coat the pasta with sauce. Serve with torn basil leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 of 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 10gSugar: 35gProtein: 12g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.