Sweet and Spicy Candied Bourbon Pecans
Sugar. Bourbon. Pecans. These bourbon pecans are dangerously good. Picture them sprinkled on top of ice cream, cheesecake, or a salad.
Sugar. Bourbon. Pecans. These suckers are dangerous.
I’m picturing them sprinkled on top of ice cream. Or arranged on top of a pumpkin cheesecake. Or heck, throw them on a salad! The possibilities are endless.
Let’s not overlook the fact that they are really good on their own, too.
They have just a touch of cayenne so you aren’t overwhelmed by the sweetness of the sugar and bourbon.
About these Candied Bourbon Pecans
Guys! These are SO good. Perfect for gifting, perfect for holiday parties, perfect for anything. They’re nice and sweet, with the toasted flavor of the pecans coming through. But then you get just a touch of spicy and salty. And then the best part…the bourbon! It’s a subtle flavor but it’s noticeable and really sets these apart from standard candied nuts.
Craving more great nut recipes? Try:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 3 cups pecan halves (12 oz. package)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or Silpat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk egg white with bourbon until frothy. Stir in pecans, mixing until moistened.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cayenne until combined. Sprinkle over moistened nuts, gently stir to combine and spread onto prepared pan evenly in one layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes. They burn quickly so keep an eye on them! I stir them after 10 minutes, then 10 minutes again, then 5 minutes, and after another 5 minutes, they are typically perfectly browned. The pecans should look dry, not sticky.
- Cool completely. They will crisp more as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
serving size: 1/4 cup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Verdict: So tasty.
Husband’s take: Exact words? “I wish I had a beer to go with these!”
Changes I would make: Well, I’m not going to lie…a few got burnt. I’d keep a closer eye on them next time!
Difficulty: Easy. Just don’t burn them. Pecans are too expensive to go burning…trust me.