You only need 4 ingredients to make this easy pumpkin pudding – the perfect sweet and easy taste of fall you need!
Is Labor Day too early for pumpkin recipes?
Or a better question, do I care? Nope! I love pumpkin and could literally eat it year-round. And I really love fall. Everything about it. Pumpkin, the smell of falling leaves, the slight chill in the air. Even football.
Sorta kinda. Don’t tell my husband.
This easy pumpkin pudding recipe is a quick recipe that will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your craving for fall.
About this easy pumpkin pudding
There are only four ingredients in this easy pumpkin pudding. Really, it’s jazzed up instant pudding (but don’t tell anyone!) You should be able to whip it up in just five minutes but do allow enough time for it to chill, about an hour in the fridge.
So…..drum roll….the four ingredients are:
- instant vanilla pudding
- pumpkin puree (i.e. canned pumpkin)
- pumpkin pie spice
Whisk it all together. Notice the word “whisk”. Doesn’t whisking sound faster than stirring? Just saying. Be sure to use plain canned pumpkin–don’t buy pumpkin pie filling which contains lots of sugar already.
Pour the pudding into cute serving dishes and chill.
I like to garnish mine with pepitas (pumpkin seeds). Toasted pepitas with brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice would be really good! Or garnish with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, or a sprinkle of granola. For kids, plain graham crackers are a perfect side to easy pumpkin pudding.
Wondering about pumpkin pie spice? Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of spices. I usually make my own and keep it in the pantry. You can buy a mix at the store, too. It contains cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. Pumpkin pie spice is what makes plain ol’ pumpkin taste like delicious pumpkin pie.
Speaking of pumpkin pie, pour this easy pumpkin pudding into a pre-made pie shell, either pastry or graham cracker, and chill. How easy is that! Perfect for Thanksgiving.
Try these delicious pumpkin recipes this fall (or any time!):
- Mini pumpkin tarts – no bake, seriously easy!
- Pumpkin streusel bread
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin curry soup – healthy, delicious, and only takes 20 minutes to make!
- Pumpkin breakfast cookies
- One pan pumpkin mac and cheese – just give it a try, you’ll be surprised how good it is
- Pumpkin pie muddie buddies
- Mini pumpkin doughnuts with cider-rum glaze – baked!
- Pumpkin cheddar muffins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (canned plain pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon [pumpkin pie spice]
- 1 cup milk
- one (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- optional: whipped cream and/or pepitas for topping
- optional: graham crackers for dipping
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, milk, and instant pudding. Whisk until there are no lumps. Pour into individual dessert dishes.
- Chill for about an hour or until firm.
- Garnish with pepitas and/or whipped cream. It tastes great scooped up on a graham cracker as well!
- Use plain canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: As I type this, he has not yet tried it. But E loves it!
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: So easy!