This was another lunch kick I was on for awhile. Quick, easy, healthy. It is also extremely versatile. It is more of an idea, rather than a recipe. You can take it and run with it, any way you like. Vegetarian? Sure, why not? More meat? Go for it. Want it warm? Throw it in a panini press. Or you could throw in the microwave, but don’t cheat yourself. The crispy wrap or tortilla with be worth the [tiny bit of] extra work.
This would pack up really well for a school or a work lunch. Just keep it on ice or in a fridge. I’m not a fan of food poisoning.
tortilla or wrap bread (I used a whole wheat tortilla)
chive and onion cream cheese (I used reduced fat, surprise surprise!)
Spread tortilla with cream cheese. Add meat and vegetables. Roll up, secure with toothpick (optional), enjoy!
1) Switch out the cream cheese for hummus. Flavored or original–either would be delicious!
2) Swap out the turkey for some white beans or garbanzo beans.
3) Add in thinly sliced red peppers (I want to do this, umm…right now).
4) Add in shredded carrot.
5) Add in thinly sliced red onion (raw onions–not for me–but if it is your thing, go for it!).
6) Swap out the turkey for leftover roasted or rotisserie chicken.
7) Swap out the turkey for any meat you love.
9) Grill briefly on panini press or George Foreman grill until heated through and tortilla is crispy.
The possibilities are endless. What would you do to personalize this?