Honey-Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Honey-balsamic chicken thighs are simple to make and the whole family will love their great flavor!
Looking for a simple chicken recipe? You’ll love the garlicky honey balsamic glaze on these chicken thighs. The glaze really dresses up plain chicken and you can drizzle any leftover glaze on rice or roasted vegetables.
About honey-balsamic chicken thighs
This is a really easy meal. The chicken thighs, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper, are simply roasted in the oven on a small sheet pan or baking dish. Shortly before the thighs are finished roasting, prepare the glaze in a small sauce pan.
The glaze is simple:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- minced garlic
Once the chicken is roasted, drizzle the thighs with the glaze and serve. Sometimes I pop them back into the oven or under the broiler to set the glaze. Garnish them with finely chopped green onions, parsley, or chives.
What to serve with honey balsamic chicken thighs:
I recommend serving steamed rice with the chicken, either white or brown, to soak up extra sauce. Or, since you have the oven on already, you could roast a vegetable to go with the chicken. Broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots would be great. Roasted green beans would be really good, too.
Make it your own:
- Roast chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
- Remove the skin before roasting if desired. The chicken won’t be quite as flavorful but you’ll reduce the calories.
- Increase/decrease the amount of garlic in the glaze.
Jazz up your chicken!
Chicken doesn’t have to be boring. Try:
- Marinating the chicken in one of my Chicken Marinades (9 recipes)
- Chicken Fricassee made in one pan
- White Wine Chicken, Mushrooms and Bacon — another one pan recipe
- Chicken Stir-Fry with Ginger and Basil
- One Pan Chicken Quinoa Marsala Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Chili with just FIVE ingredients!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, approximately 1.5 lbs. total weight
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Rice for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare small rimmed baking sheet by spraying lightly with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, in pan. Season the thighs with salt and pepper. Bake the thighs until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced with a fork, 30 minutes. Internal temperature should read 165°F on a instant read thermometer.
- While the chicken roasts, combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken.
- Once the chicken is done, baste each thigh with the glaze and serve warm with additional sauce and cooked rice, if desired.
- Recipe adapted from Poor Girl Gourmet by Amy McCoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 768Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 992mgCarbohydrates: 157gFiber: 16gSugar: 47gProtein: 23g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.