Honey-Balsamic Chicken Thighs
This recipe is from a cookbook called “Poor Girl Gourmet” by Amy McCoy. Without further ado…
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, approximately 1.5 lbs total weight
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, in a small roasting pan. Season the thighs with salt and pepper. Bake the thighs until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced with a fork, 40-45 minutes.
- While the chicken roasts, combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and let stand for 5 minutes to allow for thickening upon standing.
- Once the chicken is done, baste each thigh with the glaze and serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 718Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1004mgCarbohydrates: 147gFiber: 16gSugar: 47gProtein: 22g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s Take: Thumbs up. I always make him review new recipes so I know if I should bother making them again. He liked this one. He couldn’t taste the garlic.
Changes I would make: My husband and I tend to stay away from chicken skin in attempts to maintain a lower fat diet so I would either a) remove them prior to cooking, or more likely, b) remove them after cooking (so that they retain moisture during cooking). Then I would apply the glaze AFTER the removal of the skin, because it is SO yummy and we don’t want to throw all that flavor away when we discard the skins! I would also reduce the amount of olive oil in the glaze because it separates away (at least it did when I made it), and what is the point of wasting olive oil? It isn’t cheap! Additionally, this would reduce calorie/fat content.
Difficulty: Super easy.