Eating healthy food does NOT have to be boring! These roasted carrots with cumin will excite your taste buds and leave you craving a second helping!
About these Roasted Carrots with Cumin
I have to give all the credit to my mom for this recipe, like many things in my life. I first tasted these at her house and I was hooked. At first I thought, whole cumin seeds, really? I know you might be thinking that, too. But these roasted carrots with cumin are SO good. If you’re tiring of plain ol’ carrots, you just have to try these. If these seem a little too exciting for you, try these roasted carrots with thyme and nutmeg. Or try them both and come back and let me know which one you like best!
Variety is KEY to maintaining a healthy diet. If I don’t have an exciting or flavorful option, I’m going to head towards the not-so-healthy food. Anyone else like that?
And can you believe that these roasted carrots with cumin are only 75 calories per serving?! So much flavor, so little cost.
Meal prep tip
Buy a three pound bag of carrots, and then peel the whole bag. It doesn’t take as long as you’d think.
If you want to go one step further, you can even cut them up. I cut them in sticks for snacking but you can also roast them that way – they don’t have to be cut into discs like they are in these photos. The carrots in these photos are cut on a diagonal slant to get that nice oval shape. Carrots will roast beautifully no matter what shape you cut them into.
So, with my carrots already prepped in the fridge, when the snacking urge hits me, I can enjoy crunchy raw carrots with this amazing healthy dill vegetable dip recipe. Or, if I don’t feel like munching on raw carrots (sometimes it’s just too much chewing), I throw them in my toaster oven on a foil lined sheet (no clean up!), with a little olive oil, and roast them.
More Carrot Recipes
Carrots are so inexpensive, available, and convenient. Here are some recipes to help you incorporate this super food into your meal plans.
- Roasted whole carrots
- Brown sugar glazed carrots (with optional bourbon!)
- Carrot pesto recipe (a totally new twist on pesto–it’s orange!)
- Carrot vinaigrette salad dressing
- Moroccan carrot noodle salad
- Carrot soup with crispy shallots
- Vegan tacos with roasted carrots, mushrooms, quinoa and black beans
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add carrots to a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat (with hands or spatula) and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cumin seeds.
- Roast for 15 minutes, remove and stir.
- Return to oven for at least 5 minutes more or until carrots are cooked through and brown in spots.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.