This peanut butter popcorn is perfect for the peanut lover in your life. A great blend of salty and sweet all in one fantastic popcorn snack.
Did you all hear that I like popcorn?
Oh, you did?
Well, you heard right. I could eat it every day. In fact, when I’m pregnant, I pretty much do. But I’m not pregnant and am forever trying to watch my figure so I try to limit myself to popcorn once a week. I love my air popper and never ever eat microwave popcorn.
Peanut butter popcorn is a nice change of pace from my traditional butter and salt. It’s everything you want from popcorn. Sweet, crunchy, and a little bit salty. Sticky too, but that’s just a bonus.
The flavors of peanut butter and honey blend so well in this perfect treat. Think honey roasted peanuts!
Top with a bit of sea salt for the perfect balance of salty sweet. I add peanuts for another textural element, and the extra protein is always a bonus.
The glaze in this peanut butter popcorn is made of honey, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. It’s just enough coating to touch on every popped kernel and make it sticky sweet without being a huge mess.
What kind of popcorn is best? I like to use air popped mushroom popcorn for sweet popcorn treats like this because it pops up nice and round and holds the glaze really well without deflating and getting soggy. I dragged my feet forever on buying it online but it turns out it is completely worth it, especially for a popcorn addict like me. Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll be hooked too. BUT, if you have regular popcorn, no worries, this recipe will turn out just fine.
Have I mentioned yet how easy this is to make? No candy thermometers or anything involved and only about 10 minutes of hands-on time. You’re going to love this recipe!
More Sweet Popcorn Treats:
I’ve already confessed how much I love popcorn! Here’s more recipes like this peanut butter popcorn for you to try:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped, unpopped kernels removed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- fine sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix popped popcorn and peanuts. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla and peanut butter until smooth and peanut butter is melted.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until all popcorn is coated. Spread onto prepared sheet pan and let set for 5-10 minutes before serving. Will remain slightly sticky and is best eaten the same day.
- Make sure to remove all unpopped kernels! They hide really well under the peanut butter mixture and can do damage to your teeth.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Verdict: Love this! Sticky, sweet, salty.
Husband’s take: I think he enjoys this even more than I do. He loves to snack on it.
Changes I would make: None are necessary.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through to Amazon and purchase anything, a (very) small amount goes towards making this site better! Thanks for your support!