Kahlúa caramel corn with chocolate covered espresso beans — need I say more? It doesn’t get much better than that!
I am obsessed with popcorn though. That much is very, very, very true.
Kahlúa caramel corn is pretty much a win-win. Trust me. Especially with those chocolate covered espresso beans…
About this recipe
I pour the hot caramel right over the chocolate covered espresso beans and popcorn so that the chocolate melts and turns into pure deliciousness.
If you would like perhaps a “prettier” caramel corn, stir in the espresso beans after the caramel corn has cooled. Then drizzle with more melted chocolate. I mean…it’s probably the best thing to do in that situation, right?
More popcorn recipes
Make your own gourmet popcorn! It’s easy and fun. Try:
- Pop the popcorn using an air popper (or on the stove with oil if you don’t have an air popper). Place popped popcorn in a large bowl or foil roasting pan. Sprinkle chocolate covered espresso beans over the popcorn.
- Cover one to two sheet pans with aluminum foil.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, Kahlua, butter, vanilla, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until sugar melts and caramel becomes a pretty brown (caramel) color, about 15-20 minutes. Once it melts and turns a dark caramel color, act fast because it scorches quickly.
- Add the baking soda (I measured it first and put it in a little bowl so I could add it all at once) and keep stirring. Be careful as it bubbles up quickly and almost doubles in quantity. Quickly remove from heat, pour over the popcorn and espresso beans and stir quickly to coat all the corn.
- Spread the caramel corn out on foil lined sheet pans and allow to cool at least ten minutes before eating. Add more chocolate covered espresso beans if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.