Irresistible M&M peanut butter bars with only 5 ingredients! Easy to make and so delicious!
I’m not even kidding. There are FIVE ingredients in these M&M peanut butter bars!
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + oven = Delicious!
6 – 1 = Easy!
Peanut Butter + M&Ms = Happy!
Math lesson over. Moving on.
I named that photo file as “Oh-Yum.” Seems to me it is much more descriptive than “M&M-Peanut-Butter-Bars-3.” Tell me you don’t agree!
These M&M peanut butter bars are not only insanely easy to make, but they are so delicious. Soft, chewy, and super sweet. I’d recommend a big glass of milk or a cup of coffee. And small bites that savor each morsel. Notice I said small bites, not small bars.
What are the five ingredients? Well, you know two of them already, M&Ms and peanut butter. Combine those two with Bisquick (an all-purpose baking mix), a couple of eggs, and brown sugar.
The dough is very thick. You may have to use your hands to combine it–I do. If all of the M&Ms don’t stay in the dough, simply press them into the dough after you’ve put it into the baking pan.
Let your kids help you make M&M peanut butter bars! It’s a very easy recipe. They’ll love measuring the baking mix and brown sugar. Teach them how to crack eggs into a small bowl before they add them to the peanut butter. They’ll get good practice stirring and blending and they’ll love using their hands to mix the dough and press the M&Ms in.
Variations: Try mini M&Ms, peanut butter M&Ms, or Reese’s Pieces. Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips would be great too.
Looking for more easy bar recipes? Try:
- The best Rice Krispie Treats – learn my easy trick for extra special Rice Krispie treats!
- Blondies – another super easy treat
- Chocolate Chip Blondies or Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
- Oh Henry Bars – love that chocolate and peanut butter combination
- Grapefruit Cheesecake Bars
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- Oreo Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick, for example)
- 1 bag (12 ounce) M&Ms (use regular, mini, peanut butter, Reese's Pieces, or even chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325F°. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter and eggs until well mixed and smooth.
- Add brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Stir in baking mix until moistened (I use my hands - it is a very thick batter).
- Fold in M&Ms. Again, using my hands works best for this step. Not all of the M&Ms stick in the dough I just push them in when I put it all in the pan.
- Spread mixture in greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Verdict: I think you probably get the idea, but if you weren’t listening–these peanut butter bars are delicious! VERY sweet though, in all seriousness, they are best in moderation.
Husband’s take: He didn’t have any. He’s not the biggest fan of peanut butter desserts. Crazzzzzy. I’m quite sure he was silently cursing me for not making his favorite treat.
1-year-old daughter’s take: None of these for her! Sorry kiddo. Now, before you start thinking that I ate the whole pan–I brought these to the kid’s birthday party to share with family and friends.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: Five ingredients folks. Should we review the math lesson? This recipe is EASY!