Creamy, flavorful, and packed full of healthy fats – this creamy avocado lime dressing is perfect for your next salad or sandwich.
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE. Isn’t it? I dunno. Michigan doesn’t know, that’s for sure. Yesterday Ben took out the trash and remarked that it felt “like winter.” Today as I write this, the sun is shining brightly, so you won’t hear complaints from me. My kids are just dying to be outside every second of the day and I try to comply with those requests as much as possible (I want to be out, too!). But they get so confused when they can’t wear shorts and sandals – Mr. Sun is a deceiving guy.
I’m talking about warmer weather, again, mostly because I’m oh-so-ready for it, but also because this recipe screams summer to me. It takes five minutes to make so you’ll be out of the kitchen fast, it uses healthy fats (avocado) for great creaminess so
I’ll you’ll look great in your bikini, and it’s such a bright green cheerful color!
Use this dressing on this filling quinoa salad with avocado dressing – a must-try! It would also be great on a simple salad of greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
About this Avocado Lime Dressing:
This one is for all you cilantro-haters out there. I’m clearly a cilantro lover, but I know many of you are not. And when I did a quick search for creamy avocado lime dressings, many (if not all!) contained cilantro.
Instead of leaving it out completely, I wanted to replace it with another powerhouse flavor. It just so happens to be one of my favorites – cumin. It gives this dressing a nice warm flavor that contrasts perfectly with the bright citrus of the lime. Adding cumin is that little extra something that will have you coming back for more.
Avocado lime dressing is made in minutes using a blender or a food processor. It’s super versatile, and because it’s so thick and creamy, you could even spread it on a sandwich in place of mayo. It would be wonderful in a wrap with turkey, bacon, and tomato!
Used in this recipe:
More salad dressing recipes:
Looking for more homemade salad dressings to add to your repetoire? Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Vinaigrette <–that one is my flavor of the week, I almost always have a jar in my fridge
- Green Goddess Dressing <–a yogurt based dressing packed with fresh herbs
- Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette <–for all those fruity summer salads
- Reduced Fat Ranch Dressing <–there’s nothing better than homemade ranch
- Honey Lime Dressing
- Lemon Basil Viniagrette <–One of my absolute favorites! So fresh and flavorful
- The Best Salad Dressing Recipes <–I’ve put together a list of the best homemade dressings so you can choose your favorite!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or a mini food processor until smooth. Taste and season as desired.
- If you want it to be thinner, add a bit more water.
- Use immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He loves this dressing – maybe even more than I do!
Changes I would make: Besides adding cilantro? Ha! None…
Difficulty: So easy.