Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air fryer Brussels sprouts get crispy and deliciously golden brown with very little oil thanks to the magic of the air fryer!
Coming back at you with another air fryer recipe! The air fryer chicken nuggets were well-received, so I’ll be sprinkling in a few air fryer recipes here and there. Of course, if you don’t have an air fryer, I still have you covered with over 1,000 recipes that are not made in this specific kitchen appliance.
In fact, I have lots of Brussels sprouts recipes that are made using other methods. Try these roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries and walnuts, roasted Brussels sprouts with Asiago, smoked paprika and shallot Brussels sprouts, Brussels sprouts with pancetta, or creamy cheesy Brussels sprouts au gratin. All delicious choices!
Or if you’d rather have salad, try shaved Brussels sprouts salad with grapes and Parmesan or Brussels sprouts salad with green apples and cranberries.
But if you do have an air fryer and want to give these a go, it’s a great way to enjoy Brussels. When you air fry them, they get super crispy with a very small amount of oil. In fact, they’d probably get nearly as crispy with no oil, but I like the flavor that a little olive oil adds.
Brussels Sprouts vs Brussel Sprouts??
There is some confusion about how to spell the name of these tiny green cabbages. Many people use the spelling Brussel sprouts, omitting the “s” at the end of the word Brussels. Brussels sprouts are actually named for the Belgium city of Brussels so you that’s why you spell it with the “s” at the end.
TIP – How to Prep Brussels Sprouts:
It can seem tricky if it’s the first time you’ve done it!
- Look for firm, compact, dark green Brussels sprouts, that don’t have worm holes and aren’t shriveled.
- Wash them well using a strainer or colander.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the stem (it’s very tough to chew, so you want to remove it), about even with the edge of the sprout.
- Peel away any wilted outer leaves.
- For this recipe, I cut the sprouts in half lengthwise, but if they’re very large or you want them to cook more quickly, you can quarter them.
- If you’re a visual learner, take a look at this YouTube video, which will show you how to prep Brussels.
Take these up a notch:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- To prepare Brussels sprouts, rinse well. Trim off bottom (stem) end and remove any brown or tough outer leaves. Cut in half from top to bottom.
- In a medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Turn air fryer to 400ºF. Add Brussels sprouts.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice so they cook evenly.
- Enjoy immediately.
- I like to use ½ teaspoon kosher salt, but you may want to start with less and add more to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.