Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts with smoked paprika and shallot are flavorful and easy to make in a skillet. Even professed Brussels sprouts haters will love these!
Hi Rachel Cooks’ readers! I’m Katie from the food blog Katie’s Cucina. I am a Marketing professional during the day and home cook extraordinaire at night! I have no classical culinary training. Everything I’ve learned has been from my mom, watching cooking shows, and good ‘ol trial and error.
Katie’s Cucina is a place where I share my love for food – developing and cooking mouthwatering recipes weekly, baking indulgent desserts, and sharing foodie travels from coast to coast.
I’ve never met Rachel in person, but for a few years now we have connected through the internet (and can I just boast for second and tell you how sweet she is). Hopefully one of these days we will connect in real life. Last fall, I took a rather long vacation to Europe and Rachel was kind enough to help me out while I was gone and guest post for me. I had told her upon my return back from Europe that I would help her out once her sweet baby was born. So, here I am!
Now let me show you how to make my Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels Sprouts!
People either love or hate Brussels sprouts. It wasn’t until my late teens/early twenties when I first began to fall in love with Brussels sprouts. I am always looking for new ways to cook them up.
I also love to keep my vegetable side dishes relatively healthy and not drown them in butter and fattening sauces. That is why I turned to my
good friend, I mean spice, smoked paprika. This spice packs a punch and can bring tons of new layers of flavors to any dish. I just so happened to have a shallot in my pantry so I decided to make them fancy and add an extra-large shallot to the pan.
More Brussels sprouts!
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe with Crispy Chickpeas
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Asiago
- Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Walnuts (with video)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Green Apples and Cranberries
- Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple and Cayenne
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme + more for garnishing
- Trim and remove stems from Brussels sprouts. Place in a large pot and boil for 10 minutes until tender.
- In a skillet, add two tablespoons olive oil and one shallot (thinly sliced). Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat, then add salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to the pan. Stir well, and add Brussels sprouts, stirring so that the shallots and seasoning cover the sprouts.
- Cook for 5 additional minutes. Once the Brussels sprouts are done, sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.