Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Easy cheese stuffed zucchini is a winning side dish! Fill it with your favorite cream cheese – I recommend herb cream cheese!
Guess what? I’m guest posting again! This time for Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen. If you haven’t been to her blog, you need to remedy that now! Not only is she one of the nicest people I’ve ever “met,” but she also has a gorgeous blog with delicious recipes, great writing, and beautiful photos. You’ll see. I’m not lying.
Try this easy, delicious side dish–stuffed zucchini. It is a fun new way to prepare zucchini. Click here for the recipe or keep reading for the full recipe.
Stuffed zucchini are so easy to make, Simply slice zucchini squash in half lengthwise and hollow out a trough in the centers so there’s room for “stuffing”. I like to use spreadable herb cream cheese for the stuffing because it’s already seasoned with lots of great flavor. Spread the cream cheese into the hollowed out zucchini halves, sprinkle with chopped red bell pepper, and top with panko bread crumbs.
To help the zucchini “boats” brown, spray the tops with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray. Pop them into the oven for a half hour or so, and the cheese will get nice, soft, and yummy.
I love them for breakfast, too, along with scrambled eggs. Add stuffed zucchini to your brunch menu.
More zucchini, please!
If you love zucchini, check out more recipes that feature this delicious squash:
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of spreadable cheese (pick your favorite variety)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut off ends of zucchini and slice lengthwise so that you have four long halves. Using a spoon, hollow out the middle (take out the seeds) of each half, leaving a little bit on each end to prevent the filling from running out. Place zucchini on foil-lined sheet pan (for easy clean-up!).
- Spread cheese into hollowed out zucchini.
- Sprinkle with diced red bell pepper.
- Cover each zucchini with breadcrumbs, and spritz with olive oil. (If you don't have a spritzer, just drizzle as lightly as possible, or spray lightly with non-stick spray.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is cooked and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietician. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.