Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
This easy cheese stuffed zucchini will be a winning side dish! Fill it with your favorite cream cheese – I recommend herb cream cheese!
Guess what? I’m guest posting again! This time for Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen. If you haven’t been to her blog–you need to remedy that now! Not only is she one of the nicest people I’ve ever “met,” but she also has a gorgeous blog with delicious recipes, great writing, and beautiful photos. You’ll see. I’m not lying.
I made an easy, delicious side dish–stuffed zucchini. It is a fun new way to prepare zucchini. Click here for the recipe!
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of spreadable cheese (pick your favorite variety)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut off ends of zucchini and slice lengthwise so that you have four long halves. Using a spoon, hollow out the middle (take out the seeds) of each half, leaving a little bit on each end to prevent the filling from running out. Place zucchini on foil-lined sheet pan (for easy clean-up!).
- Spread cheese into hollowed out zucchini.
- Sprinkle with diced red bell pepper.
- Cover each zucchini with breadcrumbs, and spritz with olive oil. (If you don't have a spritzer, just drizzle as lightly as possible, or spray lightly with non-stick spray.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is cooked and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 200mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 5g