White Pizza Frittata
Pizza at brunch – what could be better? This white pizza frittata has all the flavors of pizza that you love in an irresistible and filling baked egg frittata. Brunch perfection!
This post is part of my partnership with Milk Means More.
Anyone besides me already planning Mother’s Day brunch menus? It’s super early, I know, but I’m obsessed with brunch food and this white pizza frittata recipe is perfect for the vegetarians at your table. It’s not, however, perfect for vegans. Obviously. You know, because of the eggs and three types of cheese. How do vegans do it? I could never survive without eggs and cheese. You can keep your cashew “cream” sauces and nutritional yeast “cheese,” I’ll take the real thing. Plus, eggs! How does one live without eggs? You can’t scramble a flax egg and eat it for breakfast. I’m not knocking anyone’s dietary choices, I just COULD NOT DO IT.
I love making frittatas of all types like an asparagus leek frittata or this sweet potato and spinach egg bake (can we call that one a frittata?) and this white pizza frittata is especially fun. It’s ultra flavorful thanks to garlic, oregano and fresh basil. It’s super filling thanks to the eggs and three types of cheese (Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan). The spinach gives you a boost of greens that will keep you energized throughout the whole morning and maybe even into the afternoon!
This white pizza frittata will blow everyone away at any brunch you host this year. If you’re looking to round out brunch, try pairing this with a pear hibiscus brunch cocktail, a pretty salad, some bacon (duh), and a gorgeous fruit salad. Cookie bars for dessert, maybe?
Used in this recipe:
White Pizza Frittata
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Pizza at brunch - what could be better? This white pizza frittata has all the flavors of pizza that you love in an irresistible and filling baked egg frittata. Brunch perfection!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and water pressed out
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Once garlic is fragrant, add spinach and break up to incorporate and heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk pepper, oregano, ricotta, parmesan, and basil.
- Add egg mixture to skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook for 1 minute, stirring gently. Move to preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are almost completely set.
- Carefully remove from oven and add mozzarella. Return to oven and bake until mozzarella is melted, about 5 minutes.
- May be served hot, room temperature, or even cold.
Verdict: Delicious! I love the flavors of the white pizza – garlic, oregano, fresh basil and of course all the cheese!
Husband’s take: He’s not a garlic fan – when I make this white pizza frittata again, I’ll cut back on the garlic for him.
Changes I would make: None are necessary.
Disclosure: I am thrilled to be a dairy ambassador for Milk Means More. I have been compensated by Milk Means More for my time to develop this recipe and write this post. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.