Kids and adults will both love pizza mac and cheese muffins — two of your favorite treats, macaroni and cheese and pizza, rolled into one cute package. What could be better? Serve with pizza sauce or marinara for dipping.
This isn’t my first go-around with turning macaroni and cheese into a muffin so that you can eat it with your hands. If you haven’t tried southwest macaroni and cheese muffins, be sure to add them to your list of things to try.
It’s obviously one of the best things ever. Macaroni and cheese….that you can eat with your hands. Are ya with me? Throw in the word “pizza” and I’m totally sold.
Oh, but the kids. Oh yeah. That’s right, I made these mac and cheese muffins for the kids. Uh….hmmm…yeah. For the kids.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Now I just have to get myself a sweatshirt with a cupcake on it.
I’m on a pizza kick lately (pizza, mac and cheese, I’m the picture of healthy). Did you try my macaroni and cheese pizza? Over the top good!
A couple of weeks ago I made pizza lasagna rolls (Yum!) and my family loves these pizza quinoa stuffed peppers. Pizza stuffed spaghetti squash is really good, too. I often make one pot Pizza Pasta, only 6 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. What can I say, I love pizza.
These mac and cheese muffins are really easy to eat….errr…I mean easy to make. (Eat too. Really easy to eat.)
I start with a package of Parmesan and butter spirals, prepared as directed on the package. (I use Annie’s — I love it. Not sponsored.) If you want to use another boxed pasta dinner, no problem!
Stir in a couple of extras (pepperoni! mozzarella! herbs!), scoop into muffin tins, bake, let cool a bit, dip-dip-dip in pizza sauce and chow down. If you need help with that, you can refer to the photos of E. She is pretty darn good at that step.
They also make a cool appetizer for a party. Arrange them on a platter with a bowl of pizza sauce for dipping. They are just fine at room temperature so don’t worry about keeping them warm. Perfect for game night!
If you’re following along with Mac and Cheese Mania, my co-host Brandy made Skillet Cheesy Gnocchi with Peas and Ham today. (YUM! I wish I was her neighbor.)
- one 5.25 ounce package of spirals with butter and parmesan macaroni and cheese (I use Annie’s)
- milk and butter to prepare macaroni as directed on package (I used 1 tablespoon unsalted butter and 3 tablespoons skim milk)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- about 1.5 to 2 ounces of sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- pizza sauce for dipping (a cup or so should be enough)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed on the box, except stir in oregano and garlic powder in addition to the cheese powder.
- Once prepared, remove from heat and stir in grated mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese mixture evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins. After I remove them, I usually place them on a sheet of paper towel just to remove some of the grease from the pepperoni.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- Substitute other types of boxed mac and cheese dinners for the Annie's Butter and Parmesan macaroni and cheese.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Verdict: We all love these. Obviously. Shall we review? Pizza. Mac and Cheese. No fork required.
Changes I would make: NONE.