Funfetti Cookies – Patriotic!
If my daughter catches me eating something but doesn’t see what I put in my mouth, she looks at me, points to her mouth, opens it and says, “AAAAHHHH.”
She wants me to open my mouth and show her what I’m eating.
Because she pretty much knows it’s something sweet and that I’m trying to be sneaky.
This little bugger is too smart for her own good.
Of course, unfortunately for her, it isn’t polite to show people what is in our mouths. So I guess she’ll never know. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Umm…anyways…these funfetti cookies would fall into that category. These also fall directly into the “patriotic” category. Which is convenient since Independence Day is right around the corner. Funny how these things work out. I tried super hard to have more than one patriotic recipe but hey, what can ya do–I worked at the hospital all weekend and I have two kids. Maybe I’ll get another thrown together before the 4th. (Very, very doubtful.)
These funfetti cookies also fall into the following categories: fun, chewy, amazing, delicious, cute, perfect. Yep. Make these for your Independence Day party or just for fun! You could easily customize these with any color of sprinkles for other occasions.
Enjoy! Happy 4th!
Patriotic Funfetti Sugar Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Patriotic Funfetti Cookies that are a cinch to throw together. Kids and adults will both love these soft and chewy cookies. Cookie perfection.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red, white and blue sprinkles (jimmies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients (except sprinkles). Add this mixture gradually to the wet ingredients with the mixer running on low. Mix until just combined, scraping down edges as needed. Stir in sprinkles by hand.
- Form balls from approximately 1 tablespoon of the dough. Place on cookie sheets (12 per sheet) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and then remove from baking sheet after about five minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Verdict: Chewy centers with crispy edges. Everything you want a cookie to be.
Husband’s take: Loved them! E loved them too, I didn’t totally deprive her.
Changes I would make: None are necessary — this are the perfect funfetti cookies.
More patriotic recipes!
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Patriotic Pavlova with Watermelon Stars from Just a Taste
Patriotic Ice Cream Floats from Eclectic Recipes
Patriotic Potato Salad from Mele Cotte
Homemade Red, White and Blue Candy Corn from Taste and Tell