Perfect for parties, this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is creamy, flavorful, and so easy to make!
After popcorn, macaroni and cheese is one of my absolute favorite foods. I love any kind of macaroni and cheese – I’ll even eat it cold. There’s just something so irresistible about pasta coated in ooey, gooey, flavorful cheese. And it turns out the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. My little man, N, loooooves his macaroni. E does too, but in N’s case, it’s one of the few things I can always count on him eating. That is, if it is a specific boxed macaroni and cheese brand…elbows, not spirals…
The kid is so picky. I won’t lie to you and tell you that he loved this macaroni and cheese because he didn’t. “I don’t yike it, Mommy.” And that wasn’t a typo, all L sounds are pronounced like a Y and it’s the cutest thing ever and I hope he never stops doing it. Okay, maybe it would be weird in high school, but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. That and “airplanecopter” and calling elevators “alligators.” Anyways, he didn’t eat this mac and cheese but you can’t trust the kid because it’s delicious. Ben and I had no problems devouring it!
About this Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
The great thing about this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is that it’s perfect for parties where you want it to stay hot. My friend did a macaroni and cheese bar for a harvest party she threw. This recipe would be ideal for that type of event. Scoop the macaroni and cheese from the hot slow cooker and top it with any topping you desire. It’s such a fun party idea. PS: Try it with bacon on the top!
Craving more macaroni and cheese?
Don’t you worry, I have you MORE than covered! Make sure to try:
- Baked macaroni and cheese (one of the most popular recipes on Rachel Cooks!)
- Copycat Panera Bread macaroni and cheese
- Pumpkin macaroni and cheese with bacon and caramelized onions
- Copycat Easy Mac (microwave macaroni and cheese)
- Macaroni and cheese pizza
- Mac and cheese STUFFED crust pizza
- Broccoli bacon mac and cheese at Milk Means More
- Or check out my macaroni and cheese archives for even more ideas!
- 16 ounces elbow pasta (I use large elbows)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar shredded cheese, grated
- 8 ounces provolone, grated
- Cook pasta according to directions to al dente (it will cook more in the slow cooker so don’t over-boil it). Drain and pour into a large slow cooker.
- Melt butter and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking until both are melted. Stir in milk, evaporated milk, and sour cream; whisk until combined. Remove from heat, whisk in eggs, ground mustard, and pepper. Stir in cheese. Pour mixture over cooked macaroni and stir to combine cheese and pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Switch to warm until ready to serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He loved this! I don’t think he even put tuna fish on top which is what he usually does with macaroni and cheese. (Eww.)
Changes I would make: None are necessary.
**Disclosure: I am thrilled to be a dairy ambassador for Milk Means More. I have been compensated by Milk Means More for my time to develop this recipe and write this post. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.