Cinnamon Toast Crunch Popcorn
Cinnamon Toast Crunch popcorn is pretty much the best combination of snack and breakfast foods you could ever think of. Make it for a party, or because it’s Monday.
It’s about time I combine two of my favorite things.
Sleeping and eating.
Oh wait, that won’t work.
CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH and POPCORN.
Yeahhhh, that’s what I’m talking about.
The best cereal on earth (that I never, ever, ever keep in my house!) and the greatest snack in the whole wide world. Match made in heaven, right? The only question is, how and why have I not ventured into this territory before?
Side note: If you couldn’t read between the lines, I don’t keep it in the house because I can’t keep my hands off of it. I have zero self-control. My mother-in-law buys it for me when we spend a week with them in the summers. It’s the one time a year I indulge.
As I’ve do with all my popcorn creations, I make sure the Cinnamon Toast Crunch love is present in every single bite of this addictive snack. I achieve this by crushing up some of the cereal and leaving some of it whole. That way the flavor is spread throughout the entire batch of popcorn and you still get to see and taste the whole cereal pieces too.
I probably sound like a broken record but this is important: You must pick out the unpopped kernels before putting on the white chocolate. It only takes a minute or two and it will save you hours of dental work. Once the white chocolate and cereal is mixed in, it’s almost impossible to spot the kernels and boy, does it hurt when you crack down on one accidentally.
Here’s how I do it:
- Pop the corn using an air popper. Preheat it for a few minutes to minimize the number of un-popped kernels.
- Give the bowl a little shakey-shake.
- Pull the popped corn out of the bowl and put it on a rimmed baking sheet. The un-popped corn falls to the bottom when you shake it, so the process is really quite easy.
- Toss out all the half-popped and un-popped kernels.
- Put the popped corn back into the bowl and proceed with the recipe!
Craving more popcorn? Clearly I have you covered in that department! Try Nerds Popcorn, Peppermint Crunch Popcorn, Orange Creamsicle Popcorn, Blueberries and Cream Popcorn, Brownie Brittle Popcorn, Oreo Popcorn, or Cool Ranch Popcorn.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, divided
- 16 ounces vanilla candy coating
- Pop corn using a hot air popper. Pick out any un-popped kernels (see post for complete directions of how to do this).
- While the popcorn is popping, crush 2 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal into a fine powder in a ziptop bag. Set aside.
- To the popped popcorn, add the remaining 2 cups whole Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Mix well.
- Follow package directions for melting candy coating. Pour melted candy coating over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- While the candy coating is still wet, pour on the crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and stir to combine.
- Spread onto a large sheet pan to allow candy coating to harden, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.