This Black Forest dump cake recipe is full of cherries and chocolate — just like it should be. And it is unbelievably easy to make.
Dump cake. Quite the attractive name, no? But if you’re familiar with dump cakes at all…you know they are easy to make. And you know I love easy recipes!
Maybe we can just call it something else. Pour cake? No…., sounds like “poor” cake. Layer cake? No, that name certainly won’t work. Layer cakes are fancy and take actual time to make.
Okay, so dump cake it is. It’s okay because the taste makes up for the name times a million.
This cake is a simple recipe – only four ingredients:
- Cake Mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Hot Fudge
Because hot fudge is always a good idea.
It’s perfect with a dab of whipped cream on top. You can use canned whipped cream or go crazy with homemade whipped cream!
Looking for more easy dessert ideas? Try:
- two 21 ounce cans of cherry pie filling
- one 16.5 ounce box Devil’s Food Cake Mix, unprepared
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 and 1/2 sticks), melted
- one 12.8 ounce jar of prepared hot fudge, warmed slightly according to directions on jar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread both cans of cherry pie filling evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 cake pan.
- Top the cherry pie filling with the Devil’s Food Cake Mix (unprepared). Smooth it out slightly to make sure it is even.
- Drizzle melted butter on top of cake mix. Pour hot fudge over as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 1 hour and serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.