Creamy Mango Banana Smoothie
This mango banana smoothie is creamy, delicious and sweet. You’ll love this perfect summer treat!
Summer is about smoothies.
Okay–maybe it is about a few other things besides smoothies and maybe you can drink them in the winter too, but this creamy mango banana smoothie is perfect for summer.
Ben and I love to go to a great Lebanese place around us. So much so that they know us. They have a lot of fresh juices and smoothies but let’s be honest, I’m more concerned about the fattoush, shawarma and pita bread. If we have any room left in our bellies after stuffing our faces with those, we often will get mango smoothies for the road.
This mango smoothie recipe isn’t an exact replica but I love the fresh taste of mango in it. It’s refreshing and delightful. As you can see, I had to pry it out of E’s hands to get a sip. She was obbbbbbsesssssssed. Girl had to have had brain freeze going on.
This could honestly pass for a milkshake. Mango Milkshake. The milk and frozen banana give it that thick smooth feeling that you’d expect from a milkshake. You’ll never even notice that you’re using skim milk.
A touch of honey is optional, since it is plenty sweet from the fruit. However, I do love the flavor that the honey adds. Just a little something special, you know?
She approves. So will you.
Craving more frosty drinks?
If you like this creamy mango banana smoothie, check out more great refreshing summer drink recipes:
- Raspberry Mango Coconut Water Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Slushie
- Peach, Banana, Honey and Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Green Smoothie — with greens, Granny Smith apple, and tropical fruit
- Creamy Lemon Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Clementine Smoothie with vanilla
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie by Gimme Some Oven
- Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie from She Wears Many Hats
- 1 mango, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 cups skim milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have time to freeze the fruits or just don’t feel like it, you can use fresh fruit and add some ice cubes to achieve desired thickness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 48gProtein: 10g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: Ahh–poor guy missed out on this one.
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Difficulty: Blender, on. Easy.