Baked Apple French Toast Cups
In the midst of turkeys, sweet potatoes, and PIE, it might be easy to forget about breakfast. Don’t forget about breakfast! It does the body good, especially a filling, nutritious, whole-grain breakfast like this one. And only 126 calories per serving!
Baked apple French toast cups are easy to make and will impress any overnight guests that might be crashing at your house.
Is it sad that I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast on Thanksgiving when I was growing up? Don’t get me wrong, I had a perfect childhood. I remember lots of amazing Thanksgiving dinners. I just can’t remember Thanksgiving breakfast.
Give your family something to remember and maybe start a new tradition. Make these baked apple French toast cups to start the day.
Kids will love getting involved with the preparation. They can whisk the eggs and milk, dip the bread, and fit it into the muffin cups. They’ll enjoy arranging the apples in the bread-lined muffin cups. Less for you to do, and even fussy eaters are more inclined to eat food that they had a hand in preparing.
This kid friendly recipe will free you up to get started on your dinner recipes, like make ahead crockpot stuffing or this beautiful roasted cranberry sauce. My challenge to you is to begin a new tradition this Thanksgiving!
Looking for more French toast recipes?
- 12 slices multi-grain bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 Fuji apples (or another firm apple), diced small–approximately 2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim crusts off bread. Spray 12 muffin tins generously with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Dip slices of bread in this mixture until saturated, letting an excess drip off. Fit each slice of bread into a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced apple, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar until combined. Fill wells of bread with this mixture. Pile it up as it will bake down a bit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until completely cooked and starting to brown around the edges. Run knife around each cup to loosen and remove. Serve warm. Syrup optional!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 French toast cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.