Strawberry Watermelon Slushie Spritzer
Strawberry watermelon slushie is an easy and refreshing summer spritzer, with a cocktail option.
Juicy strawberries and watermelon, with a touch of lime and a spritz of sparkling water, blended into an icy refreshing drink. It’s slushy, it’s spritzy, it’s refreshing and it is summer in a glass.
It’s a great tasting drink that is non-alcoholic. Great for those of us who happen to not be drinking alcohol for one reason or another.
Recently I went to a graduation open house with my husband and daughter, and it was a hot, beautiful day. I watched as he drank an ice-cold beer and I drank a bottle of water. Ho-hum! Parties should be required to serve fun drinks for pregnant ladies (and non-drinkers), don’t you think?
This strawberry watermelon spritzer won’t leave you longing for an ice-cold beer or a vodka lemonade. It has plenty of refreshing flavor!
Make it your own
There are lots of ways to vary this drink.
- Make a double or triple batch. Why not, you already have the blender out?
- Add ice when blending for a slushier drink.
- Use frozen blueberries, peaches, mango or another fruit of your choice instead of the strawberries. Substitute a different fruit for the watermelon.
- Add a flavored sparkling water drink, like LaCroix or Bubly. There are lots of options that are really popular right now.
- Instead of lime juice, add a squirt of lemon juice.
- Like it sweeter? Add simple syrup, agave, or sugar. Or use 7-up or a different lemon-lime soda instead of the sparkling water.
Cool off with more summer drinks!
- 1 heaping cup chopped, seedless watermelon
- 1 heaping cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (a good squeeze)
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- ice cubes (optional)
- Blend watermelon, strawberries, and lime juice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass with ice (optional) and top with 1/4 cup sparkling water. Serve immediately.
- All measurements are approximate. Don't stress out about measuring exactly. Your drink will still turn out!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: I made this while he was at work one day but I’m sure he would have loved it.
Changes I would make: None!