Vodka lemonade punch is a fun easy beverage for your next backyard barbecue! It’s simple to make and super refreshing!
Why you’ll love it: It’s perfect for warm summer evenings.
How long it takes: 5 minutes
Equipment you’ll need: Sharp knife, pitcher, ice.
Summertime and lemonade. Hand in hand, right? Icy cold, tart, and refreshing — just the beverage you need on a hot summer day.
About this Vodka Lemonade
- Refreshing: If you like lemonade, you’ll love this cocktail. If you like lemon drop martinis, you’ll love this cocktail. Stir up a pitcher or make individual cocktails. Serve it in a tall chilled glass, with a straw if you like.
- Relaxing: Long day playing with the kids at the beach/park/zoo/etc.? Put them to bed and wait for that sweet, sweet silence. Pour yourself a little cocktail and bring out the cards to play some euchre with friends and family, or just relax on a deck chair and watch the fireflies. Are you liking the picture I’m painting? I sure am.
- Easy to make: This comes together with a few simple ingredients and is endlessly adaptable – keep reading for our suggestions.
- Lemonade: There’s a lot of flexibility here. Make your own lemonade or buy it already made. The balance of tart/sweet will depend on the kind of lemonade you use. You can use a frozen concentrate (with the water added) if you like.
- Simple Syrup: Whether you add simple syrup or not depends on how sweet you like your cocktail. Make your own flavor-infused simple syrup if you want to add a twist.
- Vodka: Use your favorite brand or try Absolut Citron vodka for even more lemon flavor.
- Lime White Claw: White Claw is a flavored carbonated beverage with 5% alcohol content. It’s sold in 12-oz. cans in a variety of flavors. It adds flavor, fizz, and a little more buzz to your cocktail. Keep reading for substitutions.
- Lemon and Lime Slices: Fresh citrus slices add so much fun and excitement to your punch. If you’re making a pitcher, stir them into right into the pitcher. For individual servings, garnish the glasses with a slice of each. If you’re feeling fancy, make a lemon twist garnish!
- Ice: You’ll need lots of fresh ice because it’s summer and it’s hot and cold drinks need to be icy cold, right?
How to make vodka lemonade punch
Mix all the ingredients in a pitcher and pour into chilled tall glasses. Relax and enjoy!
As always, drink responsibly. Like my mom always said (and still says) before I go out with friends, choose a DD (designated driver) before the festivities begin.
Make it your own
There’s so many ways to alter this recipe to make it your own creation. Here’s a few ideas:
- Quality Lemonade: The lemonade you use makes a lot of difference. Find the one you like best.
- Reduce the Booze: Omit the vodka for a low alcohol drink.
- Switch up the Seltzer: Instead of White Claw, try plain club soda or seltzer. They’ll add fizz but not as much sweetness and no extra alcohol.
- Switch the Garnish: Instead of lemon and lime slices, garnish with a sprig of rosemary, mint, or basil.
- Make it Raspberry: Make raspberry vodka lemonade with Raspberry White Claw.
What to Serve with Vodka Lemonade
If you’re looking for something easy to serve with this lemonade drink, try edamame dip with crackers or warm refried bean dip with tortilla chips. A sweet treat like slice and bake honey lemon shortbread cookies is perfect to nibble on, too.
Make Ahead Ideas
Prepare the lemonade, if necessary, and cut the citrus slices. Make sure everything is chilled and you have plenty of ice. You can stir everything together ahead of time, except the White Claw, and refrigerate it. Once the White Claw is added, the punch should be served immediately.
More summer sippers
Cool off with a variety of summer drinks. Try:
- Watermelon mint lemonade — add a splash of vodka for cocktails
- Sparkling pink lemonade with homemade berry syrup
- Aperol Spritz (how to make the best Aperol spritz!)
- Cherry martini with elderflower and lime
- Orange mojito
- Gin and tonic with tips to make the best!
- Frosé recipe — the best frozen Rosé
- Frozen Sangria slushie recipe
- Sparkling pomegranate punch
- In the mood for something creamy? Try a mojito milkshake.
- 24 ounces lemonade, chilled
- 6 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup, optional (see note)
- 24 ounces lime White Claw, chilled (see note)
- Lemon slices, optional
- Lime slices, optional
- Add the sliced citrus, lemonade, vodka, simple syrup, and White Claw to a large pitcher and stir.
- Pour into glasses over ice, garnish with citrus, and serve immediately with a straw, if desired.
- Simple syrup can be omitted depending on how sweet or tart you like your drink.
- Add ¼ cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice for more tartness.
- The tart and sweet level will depend on the kind of lemonade used – I recommend using Newman’s Own, Uncle Matt’s or Simply Lemonade. If you prefer, make your own homemade lemonade.
- Use club soda or lime seltzer instead of White Claw to reduce calories or if it’s just what you prefer.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.