Pizza Zucchini Noodles with Mushrooms and Pepperoni
Pizza zucchini noodles are a pizza-themed meal you can feel great about eating! You’ll want to put this one into your weekly rotation.
By this point, you’ve probably realized how much I love my spiralizer and zucchini noodles. And of course I’m obsessed with all things pizza — who isn’t?
I actually just had pizza for dinner tonight. But it was the kind with thick crust and lots of cheese. The kind that tastes oh-so-good but leaves you feeling huge and overly full. Still full 3 hours later. That kind of pizza. Otherwise known as Jet’s BBQ Chicken Pizza. With cheesy bread. Because there’s always cheesy bread when we have pizza. Are there people in this world that eat pizza without cheesy bread?
I felt a little better about it because I had a Hungry Root meal for lunch — they sent me some samples (not paid to say this!), and DANG. That sucker was good. Ready in 7 minutes and under 400 calories. I might be in love. Again – not paid to say this! It just so happened to make my lunch dreams come true.
And then Jet’s pizza made my dinner dreams come true. Ohhhh boy. Everything in moderation, right?
About Pizza Zucchini Noodles
Getting back on topic, these pizza zucchini noodles come together in less than 30 minutes, making them a perfect dinner. I use mushrooms and pepperoni but you could substitute any of your favorite pizza ingredients. Red bell peppers, ham, whatever you like. If you don’t have mini pepperoni, cut regular-sized pepperoni into quarters so that it gets distributed throughout the zucchini noodles.
Pizza zucchini noodles are a great way to use that big zucchini from your garden. If you’ve ever grown zucchini, you know how quickly they can grow to monster size. Perfect for zucchini noodles!
If you have fresh basil in your garden, too, top these pizza zucchini noodles with shredded basil leaves for tons of flavor.
Depending on how many pizza toppings you add, this recipe has less than 5 ingredients! That is not counting salt, pepper, or olive oil.
Love this take on pizza?
Try these creative ways to eat pizza:
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 3/4 cup pizza sauce (15 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized (may need additional if desired)
- grated Parmesan to garnish, optional
- In a very large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms until browned and cooked. Add pepperoni and saute until slightly golden brown and curved.
- Reduce heat to low and add sauce. Add mozzarella and cook until melted. Add zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan.
- Use any of your favorite pizza toppings: bell pepper, ham, sausauge, spinach, etc.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Ben’s take: No complaints! He loves zucchini noodles just as much as I do.
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Leave a Review