These fun pepperoni pizza tortilla pinwheels make a great appetizer or school lunch. Your kids will think they have hit the jackpot when they open their lunchbox and see these!
About these pizza tortilla pinwheels
Lunchbox ready: Tortilla pinwheels like these or my southwestern cream cheese roll ups make a great lunchbox addition. The nice thing about them is that you can make them in advance and slice off what you need as you’re prepping lunches. And you can serve them with dipping sauces, and what kid doesn’t love that? I served these with pizza sauce which seems like an obvious choice.
Great for entertaining, too: If you’re like me, when you’re prepping for a party, you’re always looking for ways to prepare things in advance. These are better if you make them a day in advance and then all you have to do is slice and serve!
Versatile: You can make these vegetarian by omiting the pepperoni. They’ll still have loads of great pizza flavor, especially if you serve them with pizza sauce. You can add different pizza “toppings,” but you have to be careful they don’t have too high of a moisture content. Finely chopped vegetables will work well, as long as you don’t add too many. Cooked ham is a great choice too – deli sliced ham works best here.
These will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. Any longer and the tortilla will likely become a little soggy.
Looking for more fun twists on pepperoni pizza?
- Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Bites
- Pizza Chicken Tenders
- Pizza Dip
- Parmesan Crusted Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Rolls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, basil, oregano, garlic, mozzarella and pepperoni. Spread this mixture onto a tortilla all the way to the edges in an even layer (you’ll use about 1/2 cup for each tortilla). Tightly roll up tortilla with the filling on the inside. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
- Place wrapped rolls in fridge and chill for at least 2 hours. Use a very sharp knife to slice into pinwheels, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- Serving size: 1/2 of a tortilla (3-4 roll-ups)
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.