Nerds Rice Krispie Treats. Because everything is better with Nerds.
Why you’ll love it: Colorful Nerds candy make regular Rice Krispies treats something a little special.
How long it takes: 15 minutes
Equipment you’ll need: large pan, 9 x 13 inch baking pan or dish
Colorful Nerds Rice Krispies Bars
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, sometimes an event pops up where you might need to bring a sweet treat. However, that doesn’t mean you necessarily have time to bake one. That’s where no-bake treats come in!
Festive colors: This recipe might not be exactly Christmas-y (in other words, it’s not red and green) but it is very festive. Think colored Christmas lights! In fact, if you’re feeling really festive, you can add a bit of green food coloring to the treats (be sure to check out my Christmas tree Rice Krispie treats that are cut into triangles). The multi-colored candies match any occasion and are just plain fun!
So easy to make: Just like my recipe for the best Rice Krispies treats, these no-bake bars start with butter and marshmallows. Mix ’em together over medium heat until the marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in the Nerds and Rice Krispies cereal with the marshmallow mixture until they’re completely coated. Press (gently!) into a prepared pan. DONE. That’s it!
Tip for success: I draw your attention to gently pressing the mixture into your prepared pan. This is important. Have you ever had a Rice Krispie treat that you can barely bite through? Tough, hard, and basically icky? That’s because whoever made them smashed them into the pan. You want your Rice Krispie treat to remain light and airy so that biting into them doesn’t make your mouth, teeth, and gums hurt.
Aren’t they pretty? Be sure to try my Nerds milkshake too!
For the record, Nerds has no idea I’m creating these recipes nor do they know I’m obsessed with their candy. And they’re definitely not paying me.
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 packages (5 oz. each) Nerds candy (any flavor)
- Spray a 9 × 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a very large and deep pan, mix together marshmallows and butter over medium heat. Stir frequently until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal and Nerds candy until completely coated.
- Spread into prepared pan. Spray one hand with nonstick cooking spray and use that hand to gently press the mixture into an even layer. Do not press too hard.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and storing in an airtight container.
- Nutrition information does not include the Nerds candy.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.