Group 5: Mexican Pizza
This Mexican Pizza was created by Iayat A., Garam A., Fatmeh M., Maha T. and Ali S.
Visit the pizza voting page to vote for this pizza, look at the other pizzas, and be entered to win great prizes!
1 batch standard pizza dough
½ can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 T. parsley
2 T. olive oil
¼ tsp salt
4 cloves minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
½ medium onion diced
½ medium red pepper chopped
½ medium green pepper chopped
1 small hot pepper diced – optional
1 tsp chili powder
1 medium sized bag Doritos – crushed
½ c. sliced black olives
3c. shredded Mexican cheese
Taco seasonings for crust – optional
Sour cream if desired
- Prepare dough – shape to pan
- Brown ground beef
- Add onion, 2 cloves garlic, small hot pepper, tomato, 1 T. parsley, ½ can tomato paste, chili powder.
- Prepare salsa by mixing diced tomatoes, remaining paste, salt, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 T. parsley, 2 T. olive oil. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Spread the salsa on to the crust.
- Sprinkle with crushed doritos.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese, red and green peppers and olives.
- Season crust
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top each piece with sour cream if desired – enjoy!
Head over to the pizza voting page to vote for this pizza and be entered to win great prizes!