Brown sugar glazed banana donuts are irresistibly good. These baked donuts are easy to make, too!
I’m so thrilled to have Karly of Buns in my Oven guest posting for me today. When she said she’d like to post on Rachel Cooks–I was so honored! She is insanely talented and I’m so happy to introduce you all to her if you don’t already know her. Thanks for being here, Karly.
Banana donuts with a sticky caramel glaze are a perfect breakfast treat.
Am I the only person who gets this serious competitive thing going on when I’m guest posting? Like, I have to win at guest posting, you guys. There shall be no better guest poster than me. I will kick guest posting’s trash and then I will eat a donut.
I mean, that’s what we do after a victory, right? We eat donuts.
Lucky for me, I also eat donuts when I lose. So, you know, I might totally fail this guest posting gig, but I’ll still have donuts, so it’s cool. I will survive.
I’m sort of the donut queen. I mean, it’s more of a self-proclaimed queen, than a born to royalty queen, but whatever. I’m the queen of donuts, because I say so. I resisted buying a donut pan for so long and then when I caved, man, things got out of hand. Donuts all the time!
I sorta outdid myself this time around. I mean banana donuts are like little circular banana bread loaves, so that’s a win. Brown Sugar Glaze is this ridiculous sticky, caramel coating that will probably make you do the weird food noises. You know, the mmmm and the ahhhh and the grooooooooan.
Let me recap: I like to win at guest posting, so I brought you guys this ridiculous recipe full of banana, coated with sticky brown sugar, and covered in love.
For the donuts:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar egg, bananas, vanilla, and melted butter until well combined. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, water, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Let the glaze cool for a few minutes.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to coat and remove to a cooling rack. The glaze will be very wet and sticky at first, but as it cools it will thicken up slightly.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Thanks again Karly – these banana donuts look phenomenal!