Bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with avocado and cheddar…do I really need to say more than that? This mouthwatering combination is served up on the grill – this recipe will become a summertime favorite!
I feel like I sometimes have to talk you guys into things, like beans in cookies or healthy queso dip (another somewhat strange secret ingredient there…). Sometimes I put cottage cheese in smoothies or pancakes. I would hope you’d trust me enough by this point to just make every single one of my recipes (ha) but I am aware some might raise eyebrows.
But really, do I need to even tell you how good this recipe is going to be? BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH AVOCADO AND CHEDDAR. Sorry for yelling. But BACON. and CHEDDAR. And AVOCADO.
Another beautiful aspect of this bacon wrapped chicken breast is that it’s SO easy to make. You’ll only need 4 ingredients:
Betcha couldn’t guess those, huh?
In my mind, grilling should be relaxed, easy. You can make this a simple meal for just your fam or for entertaining. Pair it with a quick side and a simple salad, some fresh fruit and a delicious beverage…and you’ve got yourself dinner!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10 ounces total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 10 slices center cut bacon
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly chicken – cut through the center but not all the way through, opening the chicken like a book. Sprinkle inside and outside of chicken with black pepper, salt if desired (I find that the bacon adds enough saltiness).
- Open chicken up and add cheddar and avocado slices. Fold chicken over cheddar and avocado, set aside. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
- On cutting board, spread out 5 bacon slices so that they are touching. Lay chicken on top of bacon slices and wrap them around, overlapping as needed. Repeat with other chicken breast.
- Grill over medium indirect heat with the cover down for 20-30 minutes, carefully flipping at least once, or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through or measures 165°F with an instant-read meat thermometer. Let rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Cut each stuffed breast in half vertically to serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.