Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Stuffed with Avocado and Cheddar
Bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with avocado and cheddar…do I really need to say more than that? This mouthwatering combination is served up on the grill – this recipe will become a summertime favorite!
This post is in partnership with BUSH’S® Beans. Thank you for supporting my blog by reading about brands I love and use in my own kitchen.
Okay, so it’s been snowing here in Michigan. In April. It’s annoying, but it’s nothing we’re not used to in Michigan. Hopefully it’s warmer wherever you are, and you won’t have to brush snow off your grill to make this bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe happen.
I feel like I sometimes have to talk you guys into things, like beans in cookies or healthy queso dip (another somewhat strange secret ingredient there…). Sometimes I put cottage cheese in smoothies or pancakes. I would hope you’d trust me enough by this point to just make every single one of my recipes (ha) but I am aware some might raise eyebrows.
But really, do I need to even tell you how good this recipe is going to be? BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH AVOCADO AND CHEDDAR. Sorry for yelling. But BACON. and CHEDDAR. And AVOCADO.
Another beautiful aspect of this bacon wrapped chicken breast is that it’s SO easy to make. You’ll only need 4 ingredients:
Betcha couldn’t guess those, huh?
In my mind, grilling should be relaxed, easy. You can make this a simple meal for just your fam or for entertaining. Pair it with a quick side and a simple salad, some fresh fruit and a delicious beverage…and you’ve got yourself dinner!
One of my favorite quick sides for grilling is BUSH’S® Beans. I mean, everyone loves baked beans, am I right? And BUSH’S Beans have a ton of different varieties to choose from so you can perfectly pair baked beans or Grillin’ Beans® with whatever you have on the grill. I pair my bacon wrapped chicken breast with Steakhouse Recipe Grillin’ Beans and it is the perfect combination. I love dipping the chicken into the beans and eating them together almost as much as I enjoy them separately.
You can really think outside the box – they have Asian BBQ Beans that would be perfect with teriyaki salmon or an Asian grilled chicken. Or perhaps Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans sound good to you — I think they’d be great with some smoky grilled ribs. And you can’t go wrong with Country Style Baked Beans – I’ll be pairing those with turkey burgers all summer long.
I love beans because they’re a major crowd pleaser, they’re easy and delicious, and they give you lots of room to focus on spending time with family and friends out in the sun rather than slaving away on an elaborate side dish in the kitchen.
This whole scenario is almost enough to brush the snow off the grill for, isn’t it?
- 2 chicken breasts (about 10 ounces total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 10 slices center cut bacon
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly chicken – cut through the center but not all the way through, opening the chicken like a book. Sprinkle inside and outside of chicken with black pepper, salt if desired (I find that the bacon adds enough saltiness).
- Open chicken up and add cheddar and avocado slices. Fold chicken over cheddar and avocado, set aside. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
- On cutting board, spread out 5 bacon slices so that they are touching. Lay chicken on top of bacon slices and wrap them around, overlapping as needed. Repeat with other chicken breast.
- Grill over medium indirect heat with the cover down for 20-30 minutes, carefully flipping at least once, or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through or measures 165°F with an instant-read meat thermometer. Let rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g
Husband’s take: It’s bacon wrapped chicken, guys. What do you think he thought of it?
Changes I would make: None are necessary!