Crockpot Mexican Chicken – 3 ingredients!
Crockpot Mexican chicken that only takes 3 ingredients. Easy, versatile and delicious. It’s so great on tacos!
EASY. If you’ve spent any time at all on my blog, you know that easy is my favorite word.
Oh wait, no it’s not.
POPCORN is my favorite word.
But easy is important too. We all need more hours in the day to do everything we need to do, so easy home cooked meals are a priority.
And slow cooker meals are also a lifesaver. Add the three ingredients to your slow cooker in the morning before work, before school, before heading to the zoo, whatever. Then when 4pm rolls around and you’re completely exhausted, dinner is already ready.
But I don’t have to tell you the charms of a slow cooker — everyone knows they are awesome.
Other things I love? Food that can be frozen and food that is versatile. This recipe covers alllll those things:
- Slow Cooker
Oh yeah, and it tastes great too. Clearly that’s of major importance. This recipe uses my homemade taco seasoning which I’m beyond obsessed with (no additives or preservatives, or tons of added salt). I even use the taco seasoning for homemade flour tortillas.
About this Crockpot Mexican Chicken
As I mentioned, one of the great aspects of this slow cooker shredded chicken is its versatility. Make regular tacos for your family or put it on a sweet potato with some other taco toppings. It will be the best sweet potato you’ve ever eaten (and perfect for a Whole30 compliant dinner).
This slow cooker shredded chicken is also a make ahead/meal prep recipe. Make a large batch and then freeze it in dinner-sized portions. Perfect for nights when you don’t have a clear plan in mind for dinner. Simply take a bag of this shredded chicken out of the freezer and use it for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, or loaded sweet potatoes, or whatever your fridge, pantry or stomach dictates. Delicious!
More ways to fill tacos:
Looking for more delicious ways to make taco fillings? I have you covered! Try:
- Healthy Taco Meat (in 30 minutes, a ground beef and turkey combination with lots of healthy vegetables)
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker “Refried” Beans
- Southwestern style Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Restaurant Style Salsa (so easy!)
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado, Mango, and Pineapple Salsa
- Pickled Red Onions
- one 48 ounce bag of boneless skinless frozen chicken breasts
- one 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Shred using two forks or a potato masher.
- Cook for another hour on low before serving or freezing.
- I use medium salsa but use whatever type of salsa you like best.
- Meat will be a little juicy. If you want, drain some of the juice off before using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 5 oz.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
Husband’s take: Loves it!
Changes I would make: None are necessary, but it is on the juicy side, so you could drain some of the liquid off if you wanted a neater chicken for tacos or nachos.