Vegetarian Wrap with Provolone and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Sargento Foods, Inc. All opinions are 100% mine.
This vegetarian wrap will leave you feeling full and satisfied, thanks to protein-packed provolone cheese and hummus.
Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day. It always seems like so much of a chore, and I’m always rushing around to make three separate lunches as fast as I can: one for me, one for my hungry toddler, and one for my growing infant. Definitely not in that order.
And often we’re returning home from errands, play dates, or outings so we’re all tired and hungry. Waiting a half hour for lunch to be ready is really too long. The last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time making lunch.
Nope, that’s not the last thing I want to do. The last thing I want to do is eat something that tastes nasty or that isn’t good for me.
So I’m always trying to find ways to mix up lunch a little. Try something new, add something different in to keep things interesting.
You might be thinking, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, Rach…easy for you to say, you’re at home for lunch. I’m stuck in my cubicle at work.”
That doesn’t have to mean PB&J every day! There are tons of healthy and creative options that will keep you looking forward to lunch. This wrap would be perfect to take to work. You could even prepare it the night before.
One thing I like to keep in my fridge to help me put together a quick lunch is sliced cheese. Luckily, Sargento has a big variety of high-quality sliced cheeses that are cut from real block cheese. Sliced cheese adds fantastic flavor to natural foods and recipes the way they were meant to be enjoyed. A few of my favorites are Deli Style Medium Cheddar and Provolone Cheeses, Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese and Natural Blends Cheddar-Mozzarella Cheese.
I use sliced provolone cheese in this vegetarian wrap because the flavor is mild enough so that it doesn’t compete with the flavor of the hummus but strong enough so that you can still identify it in this wrap.
Make this vegetarian wrap your own:
This vegetarian wrap is really simple to make, incredibly versatile, and uses lots of fresh, healthy ingredients.
- Instead of provolone cheese, use any other Sargento sliced cheese.
- Don’t like roasted red pepper hummus? Substitute another flavor of hummus. Or use guacamole or flavored spreadable cream cheese instead. Or try this delicious black bean spread.
- If you don’t have radishes in the house, add a pop of color with some red pepper strips or tomatoes. Pickled red onions or pickled radishes would be so good! Or roasted red peppers.
- Not a fan of spinach? Use some leafy romaine or chopped kale. The possibilities are really endless.
Enjoy! Make lunch an event — the way it should be. You’ll be so happy you did when that ugly 3:00 slump hits. I guarantee if you have a lunch like this, you’ll be feeling a lot better than if you hit up some fast food joint on your way home. Just sayin’.
Looking for more delicious lunch ideas?
Check out this post with 20 lunch ideas from some of my favorite food bloggers. Or try some of my favorite recipes:
- 1 (2-ounce) spinach wrap (I use FlatOut)
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus (I use Sabra)
- 2 slices of Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese
- 1 small carrot, julienned or sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 small salad cucumber julienned or sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 radish, julienned or sliced thin (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- Spread hummus evenly over one side of the wrap, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the edge. About 3/4 of the way to the end, lay out the cheese slices. Layer carrot, cucumber and radish, and then finish with the spinach.
- Roll wrap up tightly and secure with string or a toothpick. Best enjoyed immediately or the same day.
- Have fun customizing this wrap with your favorite flavors of flat bread, hummus and Sargento cheese. Instead of hummus, try guacamole, flavored spreadable cream cheese, or black bean spread.
- Try different vegetables — this would be great with red peppers, sprouts, pickled red onions or pickled radishes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 1090mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g