Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake-tini

Do you enjoy a good cocktail now and then?

Or are you pregnant and just desperately craving an ice-cold beer?

Oh that’s just me. And Julia.

If you’re in need of a good cocktail recipe, Barb from Creative Culinary has you covered with her Friday Cocktails. A cocktail every Friday!

Friday–the day that was made for cocktails. To help Barb celebrate a whole year of cocktail Fridays, a few of us are offering up some of our own cocktails for a little party! And there are lots of fun prizes over on Barb’s site!

Being the pregnant blogger, I’m bringing a “mocktail” to the party. For those who don’t drink…or can’t. Shouldn’t. Whatever.

And I put ginger in it. Because if I’m going to play along with a fancy drink–it might as well help with my 24/7 nausea, right? And it just had to be fall-inspired. I’m obsessed. I love fall!

Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake-tini

Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup (makes extra):
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
~1-2 inches of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced

1. Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cool completely and strain to remove ginger and cinnamon.

For one Fake-tini:
2 tablespoons of Ginger-Cinnamon Simple Syrup
1 cup apple cider
ice for mixing
cinnamon sugar for rimming the glass
apple slice or cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)

1. Prepare martini glass by wetting the rim with apple cider and then dipping in cinnamon-sugar.
2. Add ice to martini shaker. Pour in cider and simple syrup. Shake and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with apple slice or cinnamon stick.

Verdict: I loved this! It was the perfect girly treat for this pregnant lady.
Husband’s take: Oh I was supposed to share? He wouldn’t be caught dead in public drinking this–plus he’d much rather have a beer I’m sure.
Changes I would make: Well…if I wasn’t pregnant…rum? Whiskey?
Difficulty: Easy!

Don’t forget to head to Barb’s site and check out all the fabulous cocktails today and enter to win some terrific prizes!

33 Responses to “Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake-tini”

1. Laurie {Simply Scratch} — September 14, 2012 at 9:30 am

Fake-tini! HA! Love it… so clever and looks so thirst quenching ;)!

2. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — September 14, 2012 at 9:32 am

mocktail or not – this sounds great! I especially love the garnish! Cute!

3. kelley {mountain mama cooks} — September 14, 2012 at 9:43 am

Funny, I also created an apple cider martini yet mine was the loaded version! Not being pregnant, I get to drink away. :) Have a great weekend!!

• Rachel — September 14th, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Lucky you!!!

4. Stephanie — September 14, 2012 at 10:05 am

Great one for the fall, or anytime really!

5. Sues — September 14, 2012 at 10:11 am

Love it!! I’m so excited for apple-based cocktails this fall… But mine will totally have alcohol :) Though I have to say, this looks pretty amazing as is!

6. Lisa @ Lisa's Dinnertime Dish — September 14, 2012 at 10:25 am

This sounds like a perfect drink for fall! The ginger cinnamon simple syrup sounds amazing!! I just pinned this so I can try it later!

7. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — September 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Love, love, love this mocktail! I’m not much of a drinker, so this is absolutely perfect! Although work is killing me today so I may just add some vodka to it tonight :)

8. Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

this sounds so delish! and it looks so fancy in that pretty glass!

9. kristen — September 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thank you thank you!! I JUST found out that I’m pregnant, so there goes the fall inspired sangria I was sooooo looking forward to trying! And, that means no drinking at the girls night I’m hosting at the end of the month! What timing! Lol. This will definitely be a nice, special replacement. Yay for mocktails! :-)

• Rachel — September 17th, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

Perfect! Congrats on the new addition!

10. Sheila — September 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Your pictures are awesome! So sorry you can’t have a beer! Soon enough my dear soon enough!

11. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — September 15, 2012 at 7:21 am

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!! I am obsessed with ginger simple syrups – love the idea of mixing with cider! YUM.

12. Barbara | Creative Culinary — September 15, 2012 at 8:01 am

Thanks for joining with me for my one year celebration of cocktails with your mocktail; I knew I could count on you! Not just for pregnant moms, I have friends who do not imbibe and I’m always looking for something fun to serve them too. Cheers!

• Rachel — September 17th, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

Thanks for inviting me to participate! It was fun coming up with something I could enjoy :)

13. Angela @ AnotherBitePlease — September 15, 2012 at 8:30 am

Love the cinnamon sugar on the rim of the glass – how fun!

14. Kristina — September 15, 2012 at 10:56 am

hahah love your fake-tini! I’ll probably sneak some booze in mine…. but this sounds delicious with the ginger-cinnamon syrup! Yum :)

15. Ali | Gimme Some Oven — September 15, 2012 at 11:16 am

Beautiful!!! And I adore the idea of dipping the glass in cinnamon and sugar! :)

16. Rachael {SimplyFreshCooking} — September 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I hope this made you feel better! I will definitely add alcohol :) Love the recipe!

17. Kathryn — September 15, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Love that you make a fake-tini!

18. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — September 15, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I would take this any day, even without the alcohol!

19. katie — September 15, 2012 at 9:32 pm

This fake-tini looks awesome! I think I’d rather prefer to drink it this way rather than laced with alcohol! ;)

20. Tracey — September 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

What a gorgeous drink Rachel, I love the apple garnish! I think I’d even prefer the mocktail version, I’m weird like that.

21. Ashley - Baker by Nature — September 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

This is perfect! I’m throwing a little halloween party next month, and all my preggers girlfriends will LOVE sipping on these :)

22. Baking Serendipity — September 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I love this even without the alcohol! My husband is always frustrated that he’s the driver because after one drink it’s not me. I’m definitely going to bring this to our next get together and let him drink as much as he wants for once :) He’ll thank you big time!

23. Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — September 18, 2012 at 8:21 am

Gosh, this looks good – alcohol or no alcohol!! This would definitely be a hit among my friends!

24. Kari@Loaves and Dishes — September 25, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I love mocktails, and this one is just perfect for fall and winter!

25. Katrina — September 22, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I just found your recipe on Pinterest. I came directly to your site because of my skepticism about “mock” alcoholic drinks, and wanted to see if it was worth pinning. Well, you had me at “hello” because for some off the wall reason the moment I get pregnant all I want in life is an ice cold beer. The fact that I would turn down an ice cold beer for a Dr. Pepper when I’m not pregnant makes no difference. So I’m looking forward to trying your recipe, and the birth of baby number three!

• Rachel Gurk — September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:13 am

WHY IS THAT?! So funny! :) Glad you liked my fake-tini…and congrats on #3! :) When are you due?

• Katrina — September 23rd, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

I have no idea why, just that it’s crazy. A few more months and I’ll be enjoying alcohol again!

1. Pingback: Snappy Gourmet — Friday Fab 5: Apple Recipes

2. Pingback: Recipe Box: Ginger-Cinnamon Apple Cider Fake-tini | Destination Maternity Blog

3. Pingback: Yummy Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes | Let's Go Junking!